The Turning

Iceheart

Ive read The Turn of the Screw probably 12 times. Youd think its one of my favorite books, but Ive read it so many times because I figured something out when I was a teenager - itll either infuriate me, or cure my insomnia better than any sleeping pill. Cant sleep? Turn of the Screw. Its a terrible book. It is the least scary and most boring ghost story ever written. And only Anne Rice has managed to write a more punchable child character. If I were Miles and Floras nanny, Id hand them off to the ghosts posthaste. Id PAY the ghosts to take them. Theyre horrible children who are basically going to grow up to be Don Jr. and Ivanka, and screw that (maybe thats where the title came from?).

So, Mike from Stranger Things, Im sorry, but you made a horrible choice with this movie and dont be surprised if you find its made your face incredibly punchable.

And The Turning isnt even the only film adaption coming down the pipe! I read somewhere that Nexflix is giving it the Haunting of Hill House treatment. Fuuuuuuck that. What is Hollywood thinking?!

/rant

I plan to add this movie to the pile in my head of Turn of the Screw, The Others, We Have Always Lived in this Castle, and all the other books and movies about governesses vs haunted kids and will continue to confuse them for each other.

TO BE FAIR, We Have Always Lived In The Castle is about one sister harboring the other sister who is prone to murder, both are technically adults, theres no ghosts, and the recent movie adaption was very good I just watched it last Friday. But I totally get what youre saying.

I could add a few episodes of Doctor Who to the list, too. British people sure do love torturing nannies with ghosts.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.