Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

El Camino

20 replies to this topic

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,832 posts
Anyone excited for this? I havent watch Breaking Bad since the series finale 6 years ago. Spent the last month going through the series again to prep for El Camino. Forgot how great that show was. Anyways, pumped for El Camino, heres hoping they do it right.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

I am pumped.

Crazy that NetFlix has it and not FX-- especially with Better Call Saul going strong.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,832 posts
Yeah I know! I’m sure you know all of this Me Hollywood but from my understanding, Vince Gilligan really wanted to leverage Netflix for this movie, as a debt of gratitude for Netflix picking up the the first couple seasons of Breaking Bad and helping it get noticed when it was on the verge of being cancelled and not going past season 2 or 3.

I was one of those people who saw it on Netflix one day and giving it a shot. And getting hooked.
  • Tank +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

I am pumped.

Crazy that NetFlix has it and not FX-- especially with Better Call Saul going strong.

Dont you mean AMC?

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,158 posts

A car pulls up, who can it be?

A fresh El Camino rolled, Kilo G.

He rolled down his window and he started to say,
"It's all about makin' that GTA."

With that said, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

• Brando and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
From context, I would guess a Breaking Bad movie.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,832 posts

A car pulls up, who can it be?
A fresh El Camino rolled, Kilo G.
He rolled down his window and he started to say,
"It's all about makin' that GTA."

With that said, I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Unpopular opinion, I prefer the Dynamite Hack version fight me.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

I am pumped.

Dont you mean AMC?

Yes. Oops

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

I'm pretty sure AMC Theaters and AMC the TV channel are unrelated.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,832 posts
https://www.thewrap....nationwide-too/

I find this to be a great article as to why Vince is sticking with Netflix, why it’s not going to air on AMC just yet, and why it’s not a major theatrical release. Pretty well said.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

I thought it was really good. Didn't feel like a movie as it jumped right into the end of BB, so didn't really have a normal first act. Which was a good thing. Almost kinda felt like 2 episodes of BB, which is obviously a great thing. 

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,432 posts

Also thought it was really good. It definitely doesn't stand alone, you need to have seen the show for this to work so it's less of a movie and more of an epilogue to the series. It was good to get some time focused on Jesse considering he didn't have much focus in the last two episodes of the series - not a complaint, Breaking Bad is one of the rare shows that wrapped up perfectly. 

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,832 posts

I have no complaints. I was left satisfied. They didn't try anything cute and complex. they stuck with what they knew, didn't make anything complicated and just focused on Jesse at hand and made sure he had his proper send off. So happy with this movie.

The Jesse and Todd story part of the movie was my favorite. so well done, and we got to see kind of the eccentric part of Todd that I always kind of wondered about in the series.

They did plenty of fan service in the movie, but it all felt natural, not forced, and these particular scenes actually pushed the film forward. Just so good. So well done. With as perfect of an ending that Breaking Bad had, Vince and crew did an amazing job adding to the Breaking Bad legacy with El Camino.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
That was amazing.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

It really was.  They did an absolutely fantastic job with it.

The Choc

The Choc

• 9,027 posts

I liked it far better than the final 2 episodes of Breaking Bad. So in that regard I was very happy. 

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,254 posts

It was completely superfluous.

It was also really pretty good.

• Darth Krawlie +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts
Finally saw it. Completely agree that it was superfluous but a really good cap to the series. Surprised Cranston and Ritter showed up in it.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

I was bored out my mind until the Kandy duel.  That was short lived but fun.

Reply to this topic