AEW Dynamite

Metropolis

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I stopped watching AEW a while ago because i was watching too much wrestling. 3 hours on Monday, 2 hours on Tuesday, 2 hours on Wednesday, 2 hours on Friday. Plus a PLE once a month. AEW and NXT were the casualties. Though i do watch NXT highlights. 

I didn't criticize AEW because i didn't watch it anymore. The CM Punk interview with Aerial Helwani was something. It really shines a light on why AEW hasn't grown and why they seem to be struggling.

I watch now and then.  When they first started, I enjoyed it but the past few years their storylines just don't make sense plus every week, there is some sort of Extreme Match, Street Fight or such with no build up.  And some of the stuff isn't necessarily their fault.

I mean a few years ago Hangman Adam Page was getting hot super hot.  He was part of the heel Elite and was doing his drinking cowboy gig and he was OVER.  However, I think he ended up taking time off in the middle of this for the birth of his kid, and that kind of killed his momentum.

Wardlow was recently over too.  Not sure if he got hurt or why he was off TV for a while, but he's come back and is with the undisputed kingdom and nobody really cares about him right now.

The MJF / Adam Cole pairing was great.  But Adam Cole blowing out his ankle jumping off the stupid entrance ramps AEW uses kind of messed up that storyline, along with MJF's injuries.  Even though it was obvious he was going to be the Devil in the end, that story has died.  Because Cole is still injured.  And will we even see MJF return before his contract expires?

Their tag team division was on Fire in the beginning.  Now...it's floundering.

I feel like CM Punk kind of killed the promotions momentum as well.  Eventhough he did bring in ratings and money to the company, that's kind of where AEW forgot about other.

But they have done some great things...

Orange Cassidy is one thing

Britt Baker is another, and she kind of took the ball herself during Covid and her injury back then.  Because when AEW first launched, I thought she was terrible.

I love what they are doing with Toni Storm.

I think that just have too many wrestlers for the amount of TV time they have.  But them being around has definitely lit a fire under WWE and they've kind of picked up their game the past few years.

I think i know why Tony Kahn wants to show the video footage of what happened with Punk and Jungle Boy. What i can't understand is that he thinks it's a good idea. Why he is listening to the Young Bucks on this is anyone's guess. Your not going to get any more fans on your side by showing the video. No one cares about Jungle Boy. I'm sure there's a good number of AEW fans who would gladly throw him off a cliff if it would get Punk back. We'll see how this plays out Wednesday.

Tony is massively insecure. He grew up insanely rich and can’t fathom a world where he doesn’t get everything he wants, and so he can’t handle the slightest bit of criticism. His constant need of approval is why he tries to paint himself as the real life babyface promoter. And now, the timing of pulling a stunt like this, right after a hugely successful WrestleMania filling WWE and wrestling in general with such a positive feeling full of good will… it comes across so petty and small. I hope it doesn’t get him the ratings he wants

It's been a week so i don't completely remember everything from the Punk interview, but i didn't remember Punk taking the high road. The video loses all context since there is no audio. What was Tony hoping people would think. "See Punk shoved Jungle Boy first!" No one cares. This was almost a year ago now. And having the Young Bucks performance leading into the video? Where was the person to tell Tony this could backfire on you?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.