• 1 month later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I read this article on Cageside Seats last week about how AEW was using Aleister Black "correctly". I'm not saying they aren't, but i think the sites AEW lean showed in the article. Black is being fed

I usually have to watch AEW highlights because I'm behind cleaning it up in the DVR. If I've learned anything it's they it's tough to appreciate "great" matches after the fact. The Omega-Danielson mat

I loved how he yeeted Kassidy right at the start of the match.

• 1 month later...

In the tag title match with Jurassic Express?  I only kind of speed watched on my phone via you tube as I forgot to record it and already knew the results.

I wonder if that's the reason they put the titles on Jurassic Express.  I kind of felt it was too soon for Lucha Bros to drop them.

I think they rushed to the finish but I think that was the plan anyway. Fortunately, it turns out it was just a bad dislocation. No idea how long he'll be out, but good god it was tough to watch.

Apparently newly signed Jake Atlas blew his knee out at the Rampage taping.

• 4 weeks later...

I have fun when I watch AEW, but something keeps holding me back from liking it as much as I want to like it. Probably several somethings. Tony Khan himself is a big one, that's for sure. He spends too much time talking and works so hard to come across as the biggest face in pro wrestling. It's like every interview he does (which is several a week, it seems), all he's saying is "look at me, I'm the GOOD promoter, aren't I so awesome?" and it's kinda gross.

Agreed on him not being on TV. That definitely helps. As for his interviews, I don't actually hear them because the last thing on earth I'd want to do is listen to a podcast, but I see them aggregated on every news site and twitter feed. I guess it's my own fault for looking at them.

When he came out i thought he looked bigger. I chalked that up not seeing him in a while. Meltzer done it on Lee being overweight and Kassidy having to carry him through the match. Apparently he's still not physically back from when he went out in WWE.

If I'm WWE i take great care in dealing with this. Let's be honest here. The combo of Cody, Omega, and The Bucks never truly elevated the AEW brand. It was the former WWE stars that did. Punk and Danielson to be exact. Cody was good in AEW, but every move he made was deeply choreographed. I still don't think he's a great wrestler. If he returns to WWE they need to play this smartly. He has to be the guy from the "other" company. If not the fans will get tired of him fast.

They can't punish him for leaving. If they treat him poorly, what other AEW star would even think about jumping ship when their deals are up? No, I think they gotta put him in the upper mid card. Good feuds, looking strong, maybe a midcard belt or two, challenging for the main titles.