AEW Dynamite

Metropolis

I was watching Celtics/Heat, but following a live blog. The matches themselves for good grades. Other than Punk beating Hangman for the title get little interesting happened story wise. Although Malcolm Bivens and Ember Moon debuted. 

So. Punk's hurt.

On Dynamite the winner of a battle royal will face Jon Moxley. The winner of the battle royal winner vs Moxley will face Tanahashi at Forbidden Door. The winner of the winner of the battle royal winner vs Moxley vs Tanahashi at Forbidden Door will be the Interim AEW World Champion. They'll hold the belt for an indefinite period of time, defending against an indefinite number of challengers, until Punk comes back and there will be an indefinite match to determine the actual AEW World Champion.

So fucking stupid. So fucking overthought. The last few months, TK's wheels are falling off. Just vacate the title and book a new one. Interim champions in wrestling, A NOT ACTUAL REAL SPORT, is fucking stupid. This is bad no matter how you slice it. Even AEW partisans can't be defending this, can they?

They did that on Rampage? That's crazy because on Dynamite they had Tanahashi come out as Punk's opponent at Forbidden Door. Dark, Dynamite, and Rampage are all taped at the same time. I thought the whole interim TNT Title thing was stupid.

To add an extra step, Tanahashi has to be Gooto at Dominion to earn his way to FD. So dumb. It's gonna end up Tanahashi and Mox, they telegraphed that. All the rest is just filler nonsense.

I realize they want to have a champion at FD and they have to kind of rush it. Why not just have a regular tournament, then?

Back in the day the NWA had a TON of titles. The World Heavyweight, the National, the Television, the United States( after Arn Anderson unified the national and tv titles), the Tag Team, and United States Tag Team championships. However all of the bells were defended over the numerous territories. Done would say that WWE has too many titles right now.

So AEW is going to add an "All Atlantic Heavyweight' Championship? The belt looks great, but man this is a bag idea.

New Japan wrestlers shouldn’t be able to compete for the All Atlantic Championship because Japan is in the Pacific. In all seriousness though, I agree. Pointless to add another title, especially when TK has said he’s just waiting for Omega to come back before introducing trios titles.

47 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

New Japan wrestlers shouldn’t be able to compete for the All Atlantic Championship because Japan is in the Pacific. 

The criticism the belt is getting is that it does have the Japanese and Chinese flags on it. Like you said, neither are on the Atlantic Ocean.

On 6/14/2022 at 3:46 PM, Metropolis said:

Remember when people thought WWE was making up excuses when Jeff Hardy walked out? That they weren't really trying to help him? Jeff Hardy needs help. I guess I'm lucky I've never had someone close to me have that kind of addiction. 

Apparently when he was arrested, 3 cops arrested him with guns drawn.

I recently listened to his and Matt's appearance on the Talk is Jericho podcast where the WWE situation was mentioned numerous times.

What's that quote about some river in Egypt?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.