AEW Dynamite

Metropolis

I'll admit I'm not watching Dynamite on a regular basis anymore. I catch the clips on YouTube and reviews of the show. There are only a few guys that interest me anymore. Saying that am I being unfair in thinking Cole needs to beat Hangman for the belt? I know the crowd loves him, but I'm getting the sense that Omega mighty not have lost to Page if he wasn't going on the on shelf. Britt Baker has lost a lot of steam imo as well because there is no one that should take the belt off of her. 

Omega's gonna return and cost Cole the title to set up the Elite vs UE feud. Page has been pretty lackluster as champion, though. Honestly I think his next feud should be with MJF, after he wins his feud with Punk. MJF should be the next champion.

I'm with you though, I don't watch regularly much lately either. The show is too inconsistent. As soon as I get interested in a guy, he doesn't show up for another 2-3 weeks. They have a roster of well over 100 wrestlers and only three hours of weekly TV (I couldn't care less about the YouTube shows), and keep bringing more in. Swerve is next, and he's a great pick up, but where the hell is he gonna fit? And who the hell else knows who's after.

TK's had a big announcement he's been hyping for weeks and is finally announcing it tonight. He's even doing it in person, on camera, so maybe this one will actually live up to the hype. He's already said it's not a new signing.

Biggest speculation so far is either purchasing ROH or a streaming deal with HBO Max.

I'm curious as to how this ROH thing is going to work out. This isn't Vince buying WCW. The WWF wanted to run WCW as a separate brand, but the fact that the wrestler contracts didn't carry over with the sale meant the big names say at home cashing checks because Vince wasn't matching their contacts. They didn't have the names that would draw flies. Seeing as all ROH wrestlers were released last year. Who do they bring back? Do they run ROH as it's own show?

I knew a lot of these guys from the indies, but when he debuted i was like "what the hell is a Danhuasen?" After looking him up, i love this guy. He's is funny. I just don't know how he translates to television. I could see him helping them draw eyes from people on the internet. He's another small guy though. 

Thing I read is Thunder Rosa and Leyla Hirsch are having a number one contender match on Dynamite this week, the winner getting a title shot the week after. Whatever city that title match is in, I can't remember, but apparently it's the same city Rosa and Britt had their big match last year. So I'd expect the company that doesn't do rematches is gonna have a Rosa/Britt rematch again in the same city, with Rosa finally going over.

Outside of the Punk entrance and his match with Max, and the William Regal moment which was expected because ROH needs a dude for Tony to direct and that's a smart pick up, the PPV was meh. Kind of like the last Revolution. I'm assuming Punk and Page will go, but I think it's a missed opportunity to have gone with a program with Joe and bring him in and had Punk and Joe while MJF went after the belt and Page.

My booking: Give MJF the belt for a cup of coffee and have him be the shortest reigning champion and then just have him pull a Jericho late 90s conspiracy route. Because if anyone should have a short title reign, it should be MJF. It would be a newer layer to his annoying character.

On 3/3/2022 at 2:22 PM, Darth Krawlie said:

I read it's gonna be AEW's developmental. Not sure how that's gonna work yet and if there's a TV deal still in place with Sinclair selling. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

I'm thinking that it will eventually get tied to whatever deal TK makes with Warner Discovery and a streaming deal. We may have to wait for the next day for Dynamite and Rampage, but ROH would an HBO Max exclusive and they can also run the inevitable War of the Worlds PPV on HBO Max.

If anything, this was a good investment because with the ROH library behind what they've already built up, they get a nicer deal when it eventually happens.

20 hours ago, Metropolis said:

William Regal huh?

Moment TK made the announcement for ROH, I knew Regal was getting a phone call at least for that job. It was a mark moment and it'll be interesting to see where that grouping goes now that Mox has bled Bryan.

I wonder when Joe's coming in.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't impressed with the match between her and the Bunny.   She did get a good pop on her entrance though.  The Thunder Rosa promo was a train wreck.   It's truly amazing how much Britt had elevated herself above the rest of the women in that division.  They should have given Thunder Rosa way more mic time in the past to get her more comfortable if they new they were gonna put the belt on her.  I remember when AEW first debut and first saw Britt and she wasn't great at all.  However, when she got hurt and was being carted around in the wheelchair but stayed on TV each week and get interviewed by Schiavane and work a feud with Big Swole, that was huge for her.  Not sure who helped her with her promo work, but some of the other women need that.

The thing with Toni Storm is, she'll be flavor of the month, win a bunch of matches, then fade into the background and nearly forgotten, exactly as what happened with Ruby Soho. Granted I haven't watched much lately, but has Ruby even been on TV recently? Sure doesn't feel like it. The roster is too big and Tony Khan clearly likes playing with only his new toys for a little while before reverting back to his favorite ones.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.