AEW Dynamite

Metropolis

Catching up on AEW, I'm reminded the purpose of NXT in the first place. Developmental. There are so many of these newer wrestlers in the roster that are just plain BAD on television. In the ring they're okay. It's glaring in AEW's  womens division. There are a lot of new faces but there has been little done to refine their characters. Take Jade Cargill. Now she's green, but her look is horrible. Ditch the blonde hair. It makes get look like a tranny. She's actually a very beautiful woman. 

Props to Shaq for taking that bump though. Don't get the disappeaering act though.

• 1 month later...

If you had told me a year ago that the Dark Order would be interesting i would have laughed in your face. Sadly since John Huber passed, they've become a group of wild and crazy guys. They are worth cheering for now. 

I thought since 10 was still wearing a mask that he just be an ugly dude. Preston Vance is a good looking dude. Don't know why they still have the mask on him.

• 1 month later...

Haven't watched AEW in a bit.  Jericho is one of my all-time favorites.  I'm glad they got the belt of Moxley.  I don't know about anyone else, but he is so boring.  His promo's don't do anything for me and neither do his matches.  I liked him in WWE, but he's been meh here in AEW. 

I don't watch that often but I think AEW has done more good than bad, in general. My problem is the top guys--I've never been able to get into Kenny Omega or the Bucks. I actively don't like watching them. Makes it kinda hard to watch any of their shows when they're all over it, even if I like so much else that's going on.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So the rumor mill says that it is a done deal with Daniel Bryan to AEW. Don't know what to think of that. I'm not much of a "I can't wait to see this guy wrestle this guy" person. I respect Daniel.....er Bryan Danielson's desire to do what he wants to do. He couldn't get that in WWE so kudos if AEW let's him wrestle there and elsewhere.

I've been trying to watch Dynamite while on the exercise bike lately. My problem still remains the top guys, and the apparently impossible to stop constant digs at WWE. I would like it so much more if they could just stop that shit. But, if they get Danielson, and the apparently returning CM Punk, I'm gonna end up watching more regularly. No one currently on AEW is a definite draw for me, but Punk and Danielson would be.

It looks like the CM Punk rumors have gained a ton of steam. Punk wrestled during s time where i only watched WWE when i was channel flipping every now and then. I never really saw him wrestle. Just by looking at him I never GOT what made him so big, but to be fair i didn't see enough of him to judge. It does seem odd that AEW is following the WCW blueprint of signing old WWE guys while but building their own stars. To be fair again AEW didn't have many home grown stars in the roster. 

A critique that i heard that is right on is that WWE and AEW are fighting for the same number of viewers. They haven't brought new eyes to wrestling. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I feel like The Force Awakens is happening for me. Everyone is saying how great it is, but when i entirely see it I'll be thinking "was it though?" When i days i never really saw Punk wrestle, i mean it. I've never seen a match of his. I've seen the promos especially on YouTube. I keep thinking is this guy going to make me watch AEW. I almost never watch it live. It's all on DVR and i get forward through the majority of the matches depending on who it is.

I'm gonna give Rampage a go. It'll be hilarious if after all this online hype he doesn't show. I fully expect it to happen, though. And I think maybe an hour dose of AEW might be a little easier to handle. I've never sat through an entire episode of Dynamite.

They've got tons of talent and are doing a lot of cool things, no question about it. But it's overrun with smug self-promoting, hahaha aren't we cooler than WWE with our insider jokes every three seconds, and cartoon character main eventers. I just can't into it as much as I'd like to.

AEW is All Elite and finally lives up to it's name.  Just need The Final Countdown in a month from now and I might actually go back into the company after taking a break from the sex scandals in 2020 turning me off.  The sooner Punk takes a dump on the Elite dorkfest and they get flushed down the toilet, the better.  And please, Tony, cut a 1/3 of the indy performers.  And everyone in Dark Order except for Silver.  If you need inspiration for culling your stables, see the Tournament of Power arc from Dragon Ball Super.  You're welcome for the idea.

On 8/19/2021 at 9:04 AM, Metropolis said:

I feel like The Force Awakens is happening for me. Everyone is saying how great it is, but when i entirely see it I'll be thinking "was it though?" When i days i never really saw Punk wrestle, i mean it. I've never seen a match of his. I've seen the promos especially on YouTube. I keep thinking is this guy going to make me watch AEW. I almost never watch it live. It's all on DVR and i get forward through the majority of the matches depending on who it is.

He was enough to force me out of "wrestling" when The Company fucked him, and he's enough to bring me back into it full time.  I haven't bought wrestling merchandise in eight years; that's going to change when Shop AEW lets me.  Give me Danielson and Cole now.  Even better: get me Johnny Gargano so we can actually have the best wrestler in North America in a talent pool where he belongs instead of dork circus fests in NXT.

• 2 weeks later...

I read this article on Cageside Seats last week about how AEW was using Aleister Black "correctly". I'm not saying they aren't, but i think the sites AEW lean showed in the article. Black is being fed jobbers. That's why he's dominating. I'm WWE the jobbers are the guys they complain aren't being pushed. No one complains if the Nightmare Factory isn't getting pushed.

Which brings me to the bigger point that Krawlie brought up. This influx of talent from the WWE is going to bury the original AEW roster. It's easy for Black to come in and be a start because AEW hasn't created any despite what the fans and writers think. Orange Cassidy might sell a ton of merch, but he's not a star. As much as they want Darby Alin to be the next big thing, he limited by the fact that he looks like he's in high school. 

I watched Danielson's stress to the crowd after All Out. And as much respect as he paid to the guys that were there, I couldn't help but look at Jungle Boy in the ring and think "collateral damage". Now he's still young, but that program he did with Omega went a long way in showing why there is an NXT. 

As much as I wanted Cole to stay in WWE, the writing in the wall was there when they broke up The Undisputed Era. That was his vehicle to ride to the main roster. Without them he would have looked out of place. Her made the right decision. Plus his girlfriend is there. A shame to lose him. 

People don't care for a lot of what Jim Cornette says, but i think he's spot on with the state of wrestling. There are right around 1.5 to 2 million people watching wrestling at the max. Some are just watching. Some are just watching WWE. A majority are watching both. Neither have done anything to bring in more fans. Punk debuting in AEW bright in a lot of eyes, but quickly regressed back to the norm. So what will these shifts in talent do long term? 

Excellent post, from top to bottom.

I even saw someone say about Adam Cole, how now he'll be used correctly. I don't understand that at all. No one was booked more strongly and more consistently and more CORRECTLY than Adam Cole was in NXT. It was just AEW fanboy wankery, but like you said, that stuff permeates the fanbase and the news sites.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.