In the hospital again

This time with a twisted bowel. Probably caused by old scar tissue from my gallbladder or appendix surgeries, exacerbated by my current issues. Haven't eaten anything since Saturday and going on 5 hours of sleep since Saturday, with only about 30 minutes last night.

Hoping for sleep tonight. I'm not happy.

I feel for you, I hope you get better soon.

I was about to abbreviate Thoughts and Prayers, but then I realized that would spell TAPs... which is quite unfortunate and opposite to the sentiment I wanted to express. I then debated on whether or not to explain this awkward moment, but I decided to anyway in hopes that it may give you a giggle.

I wasn't able to keep anything down after breakfast on Saturday until today, including liquids. I came to the ER on Sunday, they treated me with fluids and anti-nausea meds and sent me home. Within a couple of hours I almost called the squad because I was vomiting for 10 minutes straight even after the treatment. I didn't, and ended up not coming back until Sunday night. That's when they did the CT and found the problem.

Last night they found that the obstruction had cleared, and this morning they put me on liquids and took me off IV fluids. I'm almost certainly going home today, which is awesome.

My daughter turns four tomorrow, and yesterday they didn't think I'd be home for it. Instead, I'll be home tomorrow at the latest. I had a small breakfast and just finished a larger lunch (still small but hopefully acceptable).

I don't suggest anyone have a bowel obstruction. It's horrible, but at least the hospital was awesome. The liquid diet was even pretty good. Of course almost anything would be great after four days without anything.

I did. Her birthday was yesterday and I was discharged on Wednesday. The doctors didn’t think I’d be out before Saturday, so it was miraculous to be free so soon. The doctor was also telling me how lucky I was that I fainted and my wife took me to the ER, because I could have died within a few days. Sometimes it takes up to three weeks, but untreated it is fatal. So that was scary to hear.

Ever since I got home, though, I’ve had no energy. I’ve been napping throughout the day and still sleeping 10 hours a night. Hopefully that ends soon.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.