Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

In the hospital again

14 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
This time with a twisted bowel. Probably caused by old scar tissue from my gallbladder or appendix surgeries, exacerbated by my current issues. Haven't eaten anything since Saturday and going on 5 hours of sleep since Saturday, with only about 30 minutes last night.

Hoping for sleep tonight. I'm not happy.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,227 posts
I feel for you, I hope you get better soon.

I was about to abbreviate Thoughts and Prayers, but then I realized that would spell TAPs... which is quite unfortunate and opposite to the sentiment I wanted to express. I then debated on whether or not to explain this awkward moment, but I decided to anyway in hopes that it may give you a giggle.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

don't get deaded

• NumberSix, zambingo and Kyrian +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

Aw man, I'm so sorry to hear that.  I hope you can get some sleep tonight and that they are able to help you get better.

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,719 posts
I hope things go well.
  • Odine +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
Damn, Man-- you are tough as hell to endure all this.

Maybe this time bang the nurse?
  • Kyrian and Odine +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,649 posts

Sending super good jujus!

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,353 posts
Ahh jeez man, you're going through the wringer at the moment. Hope you can get some rest finally and the hospital goes OK. Thinking of you.

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,562 posts
OW. Feel better :(

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
I wasn't able to keep anything down after breakfast on Saturday until today, including liquids. I came to the ER on Sunday, they treated me with fluids and anti-nausea meds and sent me home. Within a couple of hours I almost called the squad because I was vomiting for 10 minutes straight even after the treatment. I didn't, and ended up not coming back until Sunday night. That's when they did the CT and found the problem.

Last night they found that the obstruction had cleared, and this morning they put me on liquids and took me off IV fluids. I'm almost certainly going home today, which is awesome.

My daughter turns four tomorrow, and yesterday they didn't think I'd be home for it. Instead, I'll be home tomorrow at the latest. I had a small breakfast and just finished a larger lunch (still small but hopefully acceptable).

I don't suggest anyone have a bowel obstruction. It's horrible, but at least the hospital was awesome. The liquid diet was even pretty good. Of course almost anything would be great after four days without anything.
  • Jacen123, Iceheart, Ms. Spam and 3 others like this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,227 posts
That all appears to be good news! Yay!

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,700 posts
Hope you got home in time to celebrate your daughter's birthday!

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

I did. Her birthday was yesterday and I was discharged on Wednesday.  The doctors didn’t think I’d be out before Saturday, so it was miraculous to be free so soon.  The doctor was also telling me how lucky I was that I fainted and my wife took me to the ER, because I could have died within a few days. Sometimes it takes up to three weeks, but untreated it is fatal.  So that was scary to hear.

Ever since I got home, though, I’ve had no energy.  I’ve been napping throughout the day and still sleeping 10 hours a night.  Hopefully that ends soon.

• NumberSix, Jacen123, Iceheart and 1 other +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Validating
  • 8,857 posts

Sorry to read you are/have been sick Brando, and hope you are on the mend.  

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,181 posts

Hope you feel better/make a full recovery soon.

Reply to this topic