The OMG Impeachment thread!

Tank

He'll be impeached but not convicted. He did what he's accused of, and that's obvious. The question is whether or not the Senate will convict based on what was done.

I personally think his big mistake was including Giuliani. Otherwise it could be argued that it was an official request on behalf of the US government. Giuliani makes it personal.

Fox News has been saying no President has ever faced as much judgement, hatred, and opposition as Trump.

JFK and Lincoln might disagree.

Kennedy is still deified even after all of his "extra curriculars" have made public for decades.

And before you reply, point is that if someone in the press or government (which I'm sure the Fox article was referring to) wanted to assassinate Trump they'd try.

Let's see...Russian "collusion" was a bust (the most serious charge of all). Blaming him for mass shootings went nowhere. Now, its a phone call that--from the transcripts I've seen so far--has no smoking gun. This is what the Left is betting on to clear the field for that pack of whatevers in 2020. Oh, well.

I think he should be judged by the body of his work. He deserves impeachment because in general he's just incompetent. It's just the timing of it. Just before 2020? My family is basically circling the wagons for voting for Trump. They are so forgiving. Just not of Hillary.

That's what an election is for.

Democrats really should be careful what they ask for. They keep showing their ass. You have Adam Schiff-er brains purposely mis quoting the transcript from the phone call in today's hearing. Think what you will about Trump, there are dishonest and mal intented people on the other side as well.

Oh yeah, I know that Adam Schiff questioning was amazingly I dunno, dumb? I'd be a mess if called out by Congress like that. First they praise me for my service and then the endless questioning that is so circular. I loved Mueller's answers when he went before him. For some reason I remember the Clinton impeachment moving so much faster.

Impeachment will only make him a martyr and inflame his base, especially when the sycophantic senate inevitably shoots it down.

The result will be the re-election of the most inept and corrupt US President in history, while the rest of the world laughs and shakes their head at how low a once great nation has become.

(I say the above fully aware of the fact of my own Government's incompetence)

What I found funny is how the released memo of the phone call correlates with the whistle-blower allegations. A memo that was written as a defense of the President by the White House. Yet the President and die hard defenders point to the whistle-blower allegations and yell fake news.

What I dont find funny is Schiff going off script to open the hearing this morning. SNL needs to skit the ever living F out of that moment by having a Schiff start reciting movie quotes, maybe even just reading a Star Wars scroll. That moron just handed a loaded gun to defenders. Stick to what is known, and what is alleged and what is released... stop trying to be even more dramatic, it is ****ing dramatic enough already.

I feel for the ADNI Maguire, that dude walked into a ****ing shit storm and all he thought he was doing was continuing his life long, and by all accounts extremely honorable, service to his country.

As for the new allegations bringing impeachment, I personally feel Trump should have been impeached when he was implicated in the Cohen trial, and then the Mueller Report detailed those ten counts of obstruction. This new scandal is just another straw on a haystack, and I find the new scandal to be quite disconcerting and yet not surprising at all.

As for the specific allegations of soliciting foreign aid, that looks cut and dry to me, I mean... Trump even admitted to it and the memo very much so backs that admission up... even though Trump backed up off of the admission... but it is not like him admitting things has came back to bite him before so...

Afterthought: I am ****ing tired, so ****ing tired of people spouting conspiracy theories as fact and how that tendency has now diminished the importance and gravity of such an event like seasoned intelligence officers becoming whistle-blowers and also those who followed the laws/constraints on them to make such a complaint. This entire era is not normal, this allegation should not be shrugged away or derided or turned into a whatabout movement.

Afterthought 2: Biden should drop out of the race. Regardless that the allegations against him are already investigated and done. He is a ****ing distraction and lightning rod like Hillarys emails were. Go away.

Fox News has been saying no President has ever faced as much judgement, hatred, and opposition as Trump.

Kennedy is still deified even after all of his "extra curriculars" have made public for decades.

And before you reply, point is that if someone in the press or government (which I'm sure the Fox article was referring to) wanted to assassinate Trump they'd try.

By your logic, that’s absolute proof that Trump isn’t as hated. No one wants to assassinate Trump.

Honestly I think Biden was never going to win so he was volunteering himself for Tribute because Trump has some kind of weird obsession with him. What the call more than likely illustrates is "businessman" Trump sucks at his job and he's obsessed with a guy and his son. He's just bad at this job and I think that should be enough to impeach him. Lack of ability, temperament or mental facilities or something like the emoluments clause.

Trump reminds me of the boss from hell that you have to work with but you're secretly using resources at work to actively find a job while you do the bare minimum to get by and get a paycheck. So basically you suck too as a person and are made lower for being a part of the administration. Maybe this whistleblower guy is just a dude with an ax to grind or wants to stir up some more trouble.

His base is already there for him. Nothing more needs to be done because after all the things we have seen and read about Trump and known even before the election he's still there. In the White House getting rich.

Spam not liking him or thinking he's done a bad job isn't impeachment worthy, nor was Republicans dislike of Obama. Trump's recent actions require an impeachment inquiry, but may not reach the lwevl of full impeachment. An inquiry allows Congress to get around the administration stonewalling them.

It's also noteworthy that, unless something has changed, the so-called transcript is actually written by intelligence agents from memory. I would assume they're better than most at recalling facts, but they're still people and people misremember things constantly.

If you don't start an impeachment inquiry for what was alleged in this instance, then when would you EVER begin an impeachment inquiry? Especially when the administration's own appointees have deemed the allegations credible?

I mean, come on. If the House didn't start an inquiry into this, it would be like the House neutering itself. Chalking it up to mere politics is easy, especially in our hyper-partisan era, but if the House was going to impeach for shallow political reasons then they wouldn't have waited this long.

By your logic, thats absolute proof that Trump isnt as hated. No one wants to assassinate Trump.
Actually my point was that the people most likely to assassinate Trump are the ones who for almost a week went to defcon 1 because he served Burger King and Taco Bell to the Clemson football team.

It's a big, ridiculous statement. Up there with saying a Fox News host would be the most likely person to assassinate Obama, which was something that nobody ever said.

Spam not liking him or thinking he's done a bad job isn't impeachment worthy, nor was Republicans dislike of Obama. Trump's recent actions require an impeachment inquiry, but may not reach the lwevl of full impeachment. An inquiry allows Congress to get around the administration stonewalling them.

It's also noteworthy that, unless something has changed, the so-called transcript is actually written by intelligence agents from memory. I would assume they're better than most at recalling facts, but they're still people and people misremember things constantly.

Oh yeah, I get that. I honestly think that some within the NSA may have bugged his office or have copies of the call before they went to the secure super secret storage vault.

Is it any more ridiculous than saying Trump must not be that unpopular because no one has tried to assassinate him? (That we know of) I'm mostly sure that Tank's post was about as serious as mine.

I'm not one of those that believes Trump's media bashing is all undeserved. I believe half of his bad press is of his own doing. The other half is an attempt to make him look bad to potentials voters. I thought Bush was picked on unfairly. There is no reason any media outlet should say someone looks like a monkey, call someone dumb, etc. It's worse with Trump because he comes back with attacks by basically saying "Yo mama!" Then it goes back and forth, back and forth.

Oh yeah, I get that. I honestly think that some within the NSA may have bugged his office or have copies of the call before they went to the secure super secret storage vault.
Which would be illegal.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.