Friday the 13th

Tank

The F13 TV show wasnt directly connected narratively, but it was made by the same production team as the part 4-7 production team.

The Freddy show was an anthology like you say, but the first episode was actually Freddys canon origin, (which was added to with the demons in Freddys Dead.)

Michael one bullet in H1, and seemingly survived. Took a few more in 2, but technically died. In 4 he was supposedly in a coma the whole time.

The supernatural stuff started by saying he and niece Jamie (Laurie's daughter) had a psychic link. He started shrugging off bullets. In 5 he was as indestructible as Jason, and in 6 there was a whole demonic cult subplot to explain his abilities.

Funny how Michael, Freddie, and Jason all got some demon-ish origin to their powers in their last films before reboots and retcons and jumping to the future.

Michael took more than one bullet in Halloween 1978. "I shot him six times!" -Dr. Loomis in H2 1981. Unless you believe he missed him on most of those shots (as the Sheriff thinks is what really happened.) Myers reels back after every shot so I think Loomis was right on target. Have you ever noticed the mistake when they reshot that scene for H2? Loomis shoots seven times with a six shooter.

And yes, even though Myers technically was supposed to have died at the end of H2, it came as a result of a huge explosion he still walked out of before succumbing to the fire. Loomis had shot him another six times when Myers busted through the glass door in the hospital. He got up and murdered the Marshall to begin the chase again. Then Laurie shot his eyes out towards the end. I figure in one night he got at least 8-10 bullets to the body and another two to the head all at close range. With Jason before part 6 it plays out like if you had shot him that many times he'd be dead easily. If Paul can go toe-to-toe with Jason and survive (at least the first time) I figure two shots to the head would've taken him out.

As for the later additions of demonic origins, I was an avid reader of Fangoria magazine and every time a new installment was filmed, the writers of this era seemingly felt the need to explain away how these killers could continue surviving their wounds and have superhuman strength and that's the best they could do.

I also remember reading rumors that, even though Jason was the one who went to space, this was an idea thrown out by Carpenter (as a snide remark since he was tired of the question) when asked for what they should do in a future Halloween installment. In Halloween 6 during the Howard Stern clone radio show, one caller mentions that Myers is missing because he was sent to space.

Michael one bullet in H1, and seemingly survived. Took a few more in 2, but technically died. In 4 he was supposedly in a coma the whole time.

The supernatural stuff started by saying he and niece Jamie (Laurie's daughter) had a psychic link. He started shrugging off bullets. In 5 he was as indestructible as Jason, and in 6 there was a whole demonic cult subplot to explain his abilities.

Funny how Michael, Freddie, and Jason all got some demon-ish origin to their powers in their last films before reboots and retcons and jumping to the future.

Michael took more than one bullet in Halloween 1978. I shot him six times! Dr. Loomis in H2 1981. Unless you believe he missed him on most of those shots (as the Sheriff thinks is what really happened.) Myers reels back after every shot so I think Loomis was right on target. Have you ever noticed the mistake when they reshot that scene for H2? Loomis shoots seven times with a six shooter.

And yes, even though Myers technically was supposed to have died at the end of H2, it came as a result of a huge explosion he still walked out of before succumbing to the fire. Loomis had shot him another six times when Myers busted through the glass door in the hospital. He got up and murdered the Marshall to begin the chase again. Then Laurie shot his eyes out towards the end. I figure in one night he got at least 8-10 bullets to the body and another two to the head all at close range. With Jason before part 6 it plays out like if you had shot him that many times hed be dead easily. If Paul can go toe-to-toe with Jason and survive (at least the first time) I figure two shots to the head wouldve taken him out.

As for the later additions of demonic origins, I was an avid reader of Fangoria magazine and every time a new installment was filmed, the writers of this era seemingly felt the need to explain away how these killers could continue surviving their wounds and have superhuman strength and thats the best they could do.

I also remember reading rumors that, even though Jason was the one who went to space, this was an idea thrown out by Carpenter (as a snide remark since he was tired of the question) when asked for what they should do in a future Halloween installment. In Halloween 6 during the Howard Stern clone radio show, one caller mentions that Myers is missing because he was sent to space.

I was always in the "Michael was just shot once," camp, obv.

Let's be honest though, Michael came first, and neither he OR Jason would likely survive past their first appearances, much less their second.

My take was that all three were always supernatural, but they started to suck once they tried to retcon a reason for it. They’re evil, and evil is scarier when you can’t explain it.

Well Freddy was always supernatural. But they retconned his origin to a mild mannered family man who killed people in his spare time and came back for revenge because they took his daughter away when his murders were discovered. :rolleyes:

As for Freddy, as I remember, most (if not all?) stories took place in the same town, some in the same house. I forgot the pilot, though.

Springwood, OH. The pilot was directed by Tobe Hooper, director of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre. In some stories Freddy was part of the plot. Others he was merely an observer only appearing in between commercial breaks to add his little jokes. There were some episodes where Freddy seriously had nothing to do with the story at all. It didn't even involve nightmares or sleeping. Like one episode where a family keeps their crazy daughter locked in the basement. She escapes and takes the place of another girl who had disappeared herself. When the true daughter returns, the mom has been driven so mad that she ends up killing her real daughter to keep her fake one.

Lar Park Lincoln survives Jason (Tina in part 7) only to be killed by Freddy (Freddy's Nightmares episode "It's a Miserable Life," which was directed by Tom McLoughlin, writer and director of Friday 6.)

Fangoria and Starlog, those were the days.

Debbie is reading the first issue of Fangoria on the hammock when Jason kills her in Friday part 3.

• 1 month later...

Part 2 really does deserve credit as being a reboot that set the course for things. I just never cared about the teens in that one, and I hate ol' baghead. But I hear you.

I had never looked at it that way before but this is such an accurate statement. The October horror marathons have been playing all week on different networks and Ive caught a few Fridays along the way. They destroyed the whole reason for part 1 to exist at all by bringing Jason back in the sequel but created a major franchise because of it.

Part 2 also had some of the best kills. Jeff and Sandra getting speared in the middle of the act; Mark knife to the face and tumbling down the stairs in his wheelchair.

Then Jason and Michael Myers decide fo copy one another by both nailing a law enforcement officer in the head with the claw end of a hammer in their part II films.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.