Ric Flair vs WWE Lawsuit over "The Man"

Rock

I just assumed Ric still has money so this is either a cry for attention or a cry for help. Either way a cry baby. Be happy that your name/legacy is still living on despite nearly ruining it by not retiring 20 years earlier than he should have.

He should back off for Charlotte. I like to think she's built enough of her own legacy as one of the best workers in the company, but her persona is based around being his daughter. I'd hate'for the WWE to stupidly bury her to fight Ric.

THIS.

I don't follow today's wrestling as much as I used to but I keep tabs on it just for the lolz. And Charlotte has worked her ass off to establish her career, has legit heat with Becky and for Ric to insert himself into this is just selfish as f***.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Yeah the wresters from the 1980s to mid 2000s had a lot more character, and were characters. Modern wrestlers come off more as bro dawg jocks. I have little interest in modern WWE. I started to fall off the wagon somewhere around 2008 or 9. I probably couldn't name all top 10 modern wrestlers. Maybe not even the top 3. If it weren't for reading nightly.net, I would have absolutely no connection to modern WWE at all.

I'm 50/50 on this one. "The man" is kind of a generic term but definitely is associated with Flair in the realm of wrestling. The thing is though if some wrestler started calling themselves "the best there is, best there was, best there ever will be" I think we'd all figure Brett Hart deserves some compensation. In the world of wrestling wrestlers are widely known to ask each other "permission" to use similar finishing moves. I know Austin asked DDP if he could use the stunner which is similar to the diamond cutter.

The thing is, across all promotions, I really believe the overall talent level is higher now than at any point in wrestling history. The problems come down to writing (this is not exclusive to WWE) and the fact that so many matches at all levels are turning into finisher spam, high spots, and complete lack of selling. The Cole/Gargano matches in NXT have exemplified this and completely soured me on Johnny Gargano.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.