Unrelated movies that go well together

Guest El Chalupacabra

Guest El Chalupacabra

So, what, in your opinions, are unrelated movies that go well together, possibly even as double or triple features (or more!)?

I'll start off with my picks:

1. Excalibur

2. Dragonslayer

3. Krull

Aside from being from the same film era, and the obvious connotations to medieval settings, they all have a similar feel. Whenever I watch one, I am compelled to see the other two within a couple days at most.

Big Trouble in Little China

Tremors

Then you can day dream that they exist in the same universe so that old ass Jack and old ass Valentine can team up with the now crazy old wizard Wang Chi to fight off more and new creatures from Beneath Nevada.

;-)

Guest El Chalupacabra

I can totally see that.

I think Big Trouble in Little China also goes well with Army of Darkness as a double feature, also.

Not necessarily movies, but the Calvin and Hobbes-Fight Club theory is my favorite fan theory of all time.

Essentially, Calvin is the Narrator, Tyler is Hobbes, and Marla is Susie.

It's definitely not the same as that theory, but there was a recent comic mini-series called Spencer and Locke that basically took a grown-up Calvin-type character and made him a detective with an imaginary (or is it?) Panther partner. I thought it was very well done and pretty clever. There was a sequel mini-series, too, but I didn't enjoy it as much.

National Treasure and The Da Vinci Code. Even excluding the obvious similarity of both premises (secrete maps/codes), there are a lot of unintentional tie-ins which makes for a great double-feature. For example, the treasure that Nick Cage was looking for in National Treasure was said to be the treasure that the Knights Templar looted while combing Europe searching for the Holy Grail.

Not necessarily movies, but the Calvin and Hobbes-Fight Club theory is my favorite fan theory of all time.

Essentially, Calvin is the Narrator, Tyler is Hobbes, and Marla is Susie.

It's definitely not the same as that theory, but there was a recent comic mini-series called Spencer and Locke that basically took a grown-up Calvin-type character and made him a detective with an imaginary (or is it?) Panther partner. I thought it was very well done and pretty clever. There was a sequel mini-series, too, but I didn't enjoy it as much.

That's awesome. I am definitely going to check it out! I saw there is a possible movie too!

Side Note: I despise Hot Tub Time Machine, because they are all basically Biff Tannens, at least the end is. Oh, spoilers I guess. Anyway, the film has always disgusted me in how it was played as okay that history was changed and just how many lives were altered for the worse or better (doesnt matter) and that Corddry just steals the ideas and inventions of others... and selfish, evil mofos, ugh, I hate this film. I know there is a sequel, so I dont know if they address any of this, but whatever...

Afterthought: Dont get me started on the Russos insistence that Cap stole Peggy away from her life she had after him in one of the most character breaking selfish prick moments ever. Cap was never the man to steal another persons life from them, he beat up those men that did that.

I think they did a pretty good job of making it plausible that he was her life all along, but nobody knew it. Things like her supposedly having a husband and life but only wanting Steve Rogers' picture with her when she died. Why? Because they'd spent decades together.

Using another films poor scripting to argue that another films poor scripting is okay seems rather silly.

Afterthought: The point that Cap is with Peggy isnt even in the film, btw. It is only the Russos insistence that was their intention. They should have just zipped it, like Cap said... no, I dont think I will.

https://marvelcinematicuniverse.fandom.com/wiki/Peggy_Carter%27s_Husband

The quote there implies her husband is not Steve.

Sharon Carter is Peggys niece, Sharon and Steve snog.

This isnt game of thrones. There is not some grand storyline element of bloodlines etc. It is poorly coordinated. As was Star Wars. < regarding that, not sure Im saying/arguing anything untoward or stating some hot take. I mean...

Poorly coordinated and poorly scripted are two different things in my mind. Not having a grand plan isn't the same as having a bad script. See: OT vs PT.

Guest XMinusOne

Didn't Cap live through an alternate timeline, anyway? It was said multiple times they couldn't change history, just create new timelines with different outcomes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.