Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Joker

29 replies to this topic

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts

Hello! [/mrs.doubtfire style] :-)

I do hope Joker lives up to your expectations and the critical hype. I feel like DC really needs more hits, both in critical reception and audience reception (via box office obvi).

I think it will live up to expectations.  it's an origin story but it's on its own merit which makes it interesting.

Darth Ender

Darth Ender

• Members
  • 457 posts

Hello! [/mrs.doubtfire style] :-)

I do hope Joker lives up to your expectations and the critical hype. I feel like DC really needs more hits, both in critical reception and audience reception (via box office obvi).

I think it will live up to expectations.  it's an origin story but it's on its own merit which makes it interesting.

Is there any confirmation that Batman will be in or even alluded to in the movie...or anything else in the DC universe for that matter?

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,590 posts

From what I gather it's not related to any of the other DC movies at all. Thomas Wayne is still alive and in the movie, so if Bruce is, he's a kid.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,187 posts
Todd Phillips, the director, recently reaffirmed that his film is not connecting to Matt Reeves The Batman with Pattinson in that lead. As for Bruce being in the Joker, he is, as a kid... Thats shown in the cast listing on IMDB and Wiki. So, either this is a swerve or the WB just has no Fs to give about trying to make a film universe since Snyders attempt arguably bombed out.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

I am totally OK if this movie remains unconnected to the rest of the DCU movies, and Batman is only mentioned in passing.  In fact, I am OK if it is just a one off, with no sequels.  

• Rock +1 this

Reply to this topic