TROS poster and D23 trailer

Darth Krawlie

Apparently in the footage today, Rey had a dual bladed red lightsaber. I'm guessing it's a vision or something, but interesting little note.

Maybe the idea I, and others, had about her having to master both sides of The Force isn't so far off the mark.

I hope that is either cut footage, or a dream sequence. I will literally throw my soda and popcorn at the screen and walk the eff out if they do that "Rey goes sith, Kylo gets redeemed, and then Kylo redeems Rey" BS. That's already been done with KOTOR.

This.

..and that and I hope the plot turns the Rey and Kylo shippers' dreams to dust. That was some disturbing crap.

...oh, and here's hoping Finn has a purpose to be in the films.

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1165962999720370176?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1165962999720370176&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs.yimg.com%2Faaq%2Fyc%2Fhtml%2Fembed-iframe-min.2d7457d4.html

Is it just me or does 0:30 - 0:31 look like Boba Fett in Jabba's palace from ROTJ? Were they too lazy to get a clip of Boba Fett from ESB? :p

Hello there! It's been a long time... a long time... Thought I'd stop in and see the thoughts on the new footage from D23...

A couple thoughts:

First, I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere about Threepio's red eyes... Second, the Rey stuff might be a vision, or it might be real... But I doubt she would fall to the Dark Side, nor do I believe Kylo Ren could be redeemed... So, how could that fit together? It's possible the same way it would've in the OT had Yoda and Obi-Wan had their way. If Luke HAD struck down Darth Vader, he would've become the new Sith Apprentice... Is it possible that Palpatine shows Rey her family, shows what she could've had, and then points out that Kylo Ren had his family, he had everything Rey ever wanted, and threw it away like it was nothing... And when she ultimately faces him, she strikes him down in anger...

The original ending to Episode 9 was conceived to be Luke going into the bowels of the capital planet (not yet Coruscant at that point), and descending into a magma chamber that acted as Palpatine's throne room... wherein, he fought against and was about to lose to Vader and Palpatine when a new figure joined the battle.... Obi-Wan Kenobi... Is it possible they're going to mesh that proposed ending to Episode 9 from the 80s with what they've already set up? I discounted all that until I re-watched The Last Jedi and noticed that Yoda PHYSICALLY interacts with Luke. He pokes him with his cane... Is it possible the Force Ghosts will actually return?

Honestly... I doubt it... but figured I'd go back 20 years and throw out a crazy theory for Nightly!... Tradition, after all :)

So The Force Awakens felt just like the OT, intentionally obvi. That is accomplished arguably masterfully, maybe a bit dull or not fresh in the mimicking. The Last Jedi feels like a homage to the Prequels, far exceeding the good there by unfathomable amounts and yet also having as much dumbness. Now we see more from Rise of Skywalker and it feels like it has become fan fiction. Look! It is a switchblade double lightsaber! Dark Side Luke Rey! Oh! Ah! Obviously I cannot have a final thought like moment yet, given how could anyone since it isnt out, but I am feeling a lot of meh.

Afterthought: General Kenobi, Force Ghosts can interact with their physical surroundings, it isnt a new thing. That is established in the OT with Obi-Wan moving vines out of his way on Dagobah.

Afterthought 2: What is shipping? Other than the obvi moving things from one place to another or something related to boating perhaps also. Is it Worshipping? Some sort of combo of worship and relationship?

*re: Obi-Wan moving the vines in the OT, it could be intentional (to show the ghosts have a physical presence) or it was just something that happened and no one thought it would become

some point to argue about. The latter is probably more likely.

I am kind of thinking that it is Kylo's, rather than Rey's vision. There is no way they would give something like that away in a trailer. I hate huge non-swerves being teased in a trailers.

Also, OMG a two+ minute trailer...jk...two minutes of old footage and like 15 seconds teasing a swerve that won't happen.

Yeah, it's a vision, I have no doubt. Actually, in the time travel thread we were looking at different ideas that might be the source of how those rumors are coming about, (ie people seeing OT stuff on set).

My theory was that Jedi can look into the past, just as they can into possible futures. ESB established this. Dark Rey is totally a "possible future" vision.

Yeah, it's a vision, I have no doubt. Actually, in the time travel thread we were looking at different ideas that might be the source of how those rumors are coming about, (ie people seeing OT stuff on set).

My theory was that Jedi can look into the past, just as they can into possible futures. ESB established this. Dark Rey is totally a "possible future" vision.

Always in motion the future is, difficult to see.

*re: Obi-Wan moving the vines in the OT, it could be intentional (to show the ghosts have a physical presence) or it was just something that happened and no one thought it would become

some point to argue about. The latter is probably more likely.

Even if he hadn't (intentionally or not) moved the vines, he still sat down on a tree stump or rock or whatever and had a conversation with Luke. This changed everything about Force ghosts in the saga. In ANH all we hear is the voice from the spiritual world. In ESB he appears, but is just floating in a space in front of Luke. By ROTJ, he's walking around the swamp around the trees and sitting down like he's physically there.

The shot of all the Star Destroyers in the teaser has a lot of people guessing they're gonna do a sort of Katana Fleet from the Thrawn novels, maybe the Resistance tries to find it to even out the odds with the First Order. Will probably give Zerimar a fit and if so think this one is warranted but makes a bit of sense post TLJ.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.