Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Here’s my theory— this show is going to be full of flashbacks. Obi-Wan is broken and has lost his connection to the force after ROTS. Bail will hit him up needing help with something, and Obi-Wan will go back into action, but fail because he is not who he once was. He’ll have to do some soul searching, check in on Luke, get yelled at by Owen, and look back at heretofor unseen events from his past. I also wouldn’t rule out him revisiting the “trials” of some sort. Luke had the cave, Anakin had a similar experience in one of the cartoons— for Obi-Wan facing the darkside came in the form of being the first to face a Sith Lord in a thousand years.

I think that Anakin, Maul, and a lot of these other casting announcements will be flashbacks or visions Obi-Wan goes through to get his mojo back.

This will work only if there is a character constantly berating Obi Wan and telling him how much a failure he is every 15 minutes.  We need constant reminders of how Obi Wan failed, and how flawed Luke is and destined to fail, too, BTW.  

This is how you properly deconstruct a previously beloved character. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I don’t know what it is like day to day, but I do know what is going into production when and by who— Mando 3 is happening, Filoni is doing the Ahsoka show, Favreu is doing his Rangers show, and the a

Honestly, Lucasfilm, Disney, and Kennedy just don’t care until they have to. People talking at all keeps things relevant. Even a hater will consume their products just to bitch more. I detest AOT

The biggest problem is that Google treats these places like real news. It’s completely immoral of them to do so, and is aiding the destruction of our society. It’s every bit as bad as the fake politic

I wanted to see Obi-Wan fight a krayt dragon. But they've already done the krayt dragon on THE MΛNDΛLORIΛN so my appetite for that is kind of sated. Don't need to see him face down a krayt dragon while dual-wielding lightsabres no more. Will be perfectly fine seeing him dual-wielding lightsabres against, I don't know, stormtroopers or whatever.

Indira Varma and one of the Safdie Bros. being part of the cast is kind of a big draw for me. I wonder who they're going to be playing!? Are they playing the same character, maybe, a two-headed guy like the guy from TPM, the podrace announcer guy voiced by Greg Proops and ... <checks Google> Scott Capurro!? Probably not. That's probably not going to happen.

If they're going flashback heavy then no Liam Neeson seems like kind of a drawback. He could even be a blue ghost or whatever. Isn't there a line in ROTS about how Obi-Wan is supposed to be communing w/him during his solitude on Tatooine?  Maybe maybe Liam Neeson's appearance in this series (mini-series?) will be a super special secret surprise?

I wanna see Obi Wan a hot mess in tatooine. Trawling various cantinas getting shit hammered on space-booze and spice, waking up with a twilek, trandoshian, and a sandperson in the sack, stolen bantha parked out the front. Getting strung out on dark side infused Khyber smoking crystals. Hitting rock bottom whilst doing odd bits of dirty work to scrape by. Still checking in on Luke cause heavy is the burden, but just being a bit of an animal in his own life.