Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

On 6/22/2022 at 9:44 AM, Metropolis said:

I've resigned myself to the fact that to add to the mythos you sometimes have to step on the toes of what's already been done. Obi Wan's relationship with Leia undermines how Leia perceives Ben in ANH. She should be we upset if not more when he dies in ANH. But thems the breaks folks. 

I really think they should have kept Obi-Wan's identity a secret in this, especially from Leia. If she had known him only as "Ben", it would make sense that she never connected Obi-Wan and Ben in her mind until much, much later. It would also make sense that she named her son Ben after the man that saved her since she would have lived with only that identity in her mind for 15+ years. 

And the lack of a high ground joke is a huge missed opportunity. 

Overall, this whole series fell flat to me. I mean, it's just hard to create good suspense when you already know everyone survives. The whole Reva/Luke thing was very eyerolling to me because of this. We already knew she wasn't going to kill him or harm him in any way, so her "inner conflict" didn't mean anything. Especially since we just went through this with her in the previous episode with Vader, only then there was more suspense because we didn't know if she would survive. 

• Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's the thing though. This isn't Vader's story. Vader had six movies to tell the story you're talking about, It's been done. It's established. This story is Obi-Wan's. As much as a big character as

Agree with Tank on the “nope never.” If Vader finds out about Luke in this series, we should all just cancel our Disney+ subscriptions and never watch SW again.  I’ve heard Filoni in past intervi

Darth Vader. I ‘get’ the Inquisitors but hate the concept of it. Darth Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi Knights….by outsourcing the work to these guys. 

Posted Images

I get the whole the stakes aren't there thing but at the same time when watching say the Mandalorian its not like you watch the 3rd episode of a season and think "OMG he may not get out of this one, he is gonna die." 

5 hours ago, Cerina said:

Overall, this whole series fell flat to me. I mean, it's just hard to create good suspense when you already know everyone survives. The whole Reva/Luke thing was very eyerolling to me because of this. We already knew she wasn't going to kill him or harm him in any way, so her "inner conflict" didn't mean anything. Especially since we just went through this with her in the previous episode with Vader, only then there was more suspense because we didn't know if she would survive. 

I think they should've just killed her. We didn't need another former Jedi turned evil Force user turns back to the light again. Vader and Kylo are enough. I would’ve rather seen something like when Luke is down and she’s about to strike the killing blow, Owen or Beru shoot her. Obi Wan arrives just as she dies. Maybe she gets a few words out to him before she goes. But that's it, because as you said, the whole inner confilct thing was overplayed and obvious. It felt like they made this episode as if ANH didn't exist.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.