Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

LOL, well I mean I do listen to doctors although with some of the crap I've gone through with my dad and doctors sometimes I do question that. 

Really though I love this show and if Vader just goes around just breaking necks itll still be a great show most likely. But as anyone who pays attention to me knows I like things that piss off most fans. Not because it pisses off fans but because just my taste in general would do that. If I were hired by Disney to make a Star Wars I'd have to get off social media and go into witness protection. 

I have no stake in this particular quarrel, but as a funny aside: A Doctor told my eldest son nothing was wrong with him once, while my son vehemently disagreed. My son using only high school honors level biology, medical terminology, and first aid knowledge insisted he had appendicitis. He refused to leave the hospital until additional tests were run, which the Doctor had initially said weren’t needed because he was fine according to this other test he did. They ran the other tests, then given the results immediately prepped my son for surgery.

That said, I like this series.

I wasn’t sure I was going to watch it so quickly because for me the saga was re-concluded in such a horrible way that it destroyed my like for the series (no real issues with sequel characters, just eh to the story). However my youngest kids asked to watch Kenobi with me, so I was not going to turn away that type of bonding time. Glad I didn’t. It’s been neat.

That said part two, toxic people are the worst. The backlash this series is getting across the web is disgusting, but unfortunately not surprising. Everything is a battle ground these days. smh (I think that stands for ‘shake my head’, here’s hoping.)

29 minutes ago, The Choc said:

Anyone else think the Grand Inquisitor is dead for the purpose of live action and will be brought back in like a comic book to justify his existance on Rebels?

Definitely possible— you’d think if you cast Rupert Friend you’d use him for more than a few minutes!

Thats the only thing that makes me question this and obviously death means nothing to Star Wars villains anyway. Personally I hope this is the case though just to sort of reestablish the levels of importance from different types of shows/movies/books/comics.

1 minute ago, Spider-Man said:

I have no stake in this particular quarrel, but as a funny aside: A Doctor told my eldest son nothing was wrong with him once, while my son vehemently disagreed. My son using only high school honors level biology, medical terminology, and first aid knowledge insisted he had appendicitis. He refused to leave the hospital until additional tests were run, which the Doctor had initially said weren’t needed because he was fine according to this other test he did. They ran the other tests, then given the results immediately prepped my son for surgery.

I spent a few days in the hospital assuring the doctors that I had appendicitis. They did a bunch of tests and it was always negative, but my former (current at the time) PCP's son is a surgeon and my PCP got him to just do the surgery. My appendix was about to burst but it was turned 90 degrees so it wasn't showing up on the scans. Glad your son stuck to his guns!

1 minute ago, Spider-Man said:

That said part two, toxic people are the worst. The backlash this series is getting across the web is disgusting, but unfortunately not surprising. Everything is a battle ground these days. smh (I think that stands for ‘shake my head’, here’s hoping.)

I haven't really been following any of that - the actual, important news is depressing enough that I've been avoiding this. But, while there are certainly a number of horrible racists and horrible people in America, there are also a lot of people invested in keeping us at each others throats.

Can we not start setting up false equivalencies? Yes, obviously doctors can be wrong. And we all know somebody who has had a doctor dismiss their symptoms when they shouldn't have-- medical professionals are of course infallible.

But at the same time, huge amounts of our population think they are better informed than actual scientists because they read an op/ed blog post online.

If every screenwriter and director and producer was infallible we'd never have any bad movies... but at the same time, some things are very basic. I really, really don't want to come off as a douchebag know it all (any more than I already have), but sometimes it gets very frustrating to have spent all that time in film school, almost a decade trying to break into the industry, and then to amazingly get to write and produce 3 feature films and about 40 episodes of TV at this point, only for my knowledge to be blown off. 

Obviously, I could be wrong-- Star Wars especially makes a lot of bad choices, but sometimes the things I am arguing are very basic, storytelling 101 rules. I've been doing this for fifteen years, eight of them professionally, and it rattles me when all that hard work and knowledge is dismissed with a "nu-uh."

In this case, this isn't somebody with a mystery ailment going to a doctor and getting misdiagnosed. This is somebody with a bleeding cut going to the ER, and upon the doctor telling them they need stitches, they counter with "No. It's tumor, I need an MRI."

The problem with what you are saying is this: Anyone who is hired to work in Star Wars is more accomplished in that business than you are. At least anyone at a high level where we know who they are. So in the same way I guess we should just listen to what you say because of your expertise than you I suppose should just have to bow down to the expertise of anyone who is making something for Star Wars.

14 minutes ago, Tank said:

Can we not start setting up false equivalencies? Yes, obviously doctors can be wrong. And we all know somebody who has had a doctor dismiss their symptoms when they shouldn't have-- medical professionals are of course infallible.

But at the same time, huge amounts of our population think they are better informed than actual scientists because they read an op/ed blog post online.

If every screenwriter and director and producer was infallible we'd never have any bad movies... but at the same time, some things are very basic. I really, really don't want to come off as a douchebag know it all (any more than I already have), but sometimes it gets very frustrating to have spent all that time in film school, almost a decade trying to break into the industry, and then to amazingly get to write and produce 3 feature films and about 40 episodes of TV at this point, only for my knowledge to be blown off. 

Obviously, I could be wrong-- Star Wars especially makes a lot of bad choices, but sometimes the things I am arguing are very basic, storytelling 101 rules. I've been doing this for fifteen years, eight of them professionally, and it rattles me when all that hard work and knowledge is dismissed with a "nu-uh."

In this case, this isn't somebody with a mystery ailment going to a doctor and getting misdiagnosed. This is somebody with a bleeding cut going to the ER, and upon the doctor telling them they need stitches, they counter with "No. It's tumor, I need an MRI."

If you're responding to me, Torch and I are just having a side conversation that's just tangentially connected.  If you're not responding to me, we're still having a side conversation that's just tangentially connected.

Everyone thinks they're an expert on movies, because we've all grown up with them. I went through my niece's "100 movies you should see before you die" poster and had seen all 100, she's seen maybe 10-15. Overall, I've seen thousands of movies in my life, I'm sure. I've got a library of close to a thousand, and that doesn't include nearly every movie I've ever seen, just like my book library doesn't include the thousands of books I've read. So you can go one of two ways with that - you can either be convinced that you know best and your ideas are all great, or you can say "Damn, making good content is really hard and I envy the people who can do it."

I tend toward the latter, even though I think that I've had at least a couple of legitimately good, original, ideas in my life, but I haven't taken the time to build those skills. Even with that, 99% of my ideas aren't that good, or original, or worth sharing. 

22 minutes ago, Lord Darth Hunter said:

Choc, this is what you sound like:

I want this show to piss people off. 

*The show doesn’t do that.*

I liked it, but let me tell you why it was no good because it didn’t piss anyone off…

I certainly don't want it to piss people off but I do recognize that what I'd like to see would probably piss some people off. And if you are pissed off by a tv show then you get what you deserve anyway. 

I think they are doing a tiny bit of ‘development’ with Vader that fits in with the frame work. The prequels showed that trying to avoid Padme’s death is what seduced him to the Dark Side, but this is showing his hate for Obi Wan and him leaving him there to burn is what has kept him in the Dark Side. 

But Choc honestly I don’t think fans are excited about seeing Vader snap necks as they are just seeing Vader on screen again and more than just a cameo. He is probably one of the most recognisable movie characters of all time and the face of the franchise, people are gonna be excited. 

7 minutes ago, Darth Krawlie said:

what are they doing to james earl jones' voice so he doesn't sound even half as old as he did in rogue one

I want to to know, too.   It has to be some sort of voice synthesizer.  He sounded not all that great in R1. 

By the way, did anyone catch the fake Jedi played by Kumail Nanjiani was helping people by sending them to Corellia? I thought that was a neat little nod to Han Solo because this dude pretending to be a Jedi fits perfectly into Han’s ANH attitude about the Force:

“It’s all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense.”

30 minutes ago, Dark Wader said:

I think they are doing a tiny bit of ‘development’ with Vader that fits in with the frame work. The prequels showed that trying to avoid Padme’s death is what seduced him to the Dark Side, but this is showing his hate for Obi Wan and him leaving him there to burn is what has kept him in the Dark Side. 

But Choc honestly I don’t think fans are excited about seeing Vader snap necks as they are just seeing Vader on screen again and more than just a cameo. He is probably one of the most recognisable movie characters of all time and the face of the franchise, people are gonna be excited. 

I agree people are happy to see Vader again in any role. So am I!! I compare it though to people who wanted to see the Big 3 on an adventure in the ST. We have that in ANH. Just watch that if you want that. I can see Vader being all menacing and choking people who piss him off in ESB. I do enjoy seeing him do that again, its very cool. I just think it could be even better if there is something to add to that. It doesnt have to be what I've said, although obvuiously I like that idea, it could be anything. 

You know if there were a Vader-centric series, like set between ANH and ROTJ, that might not be a bad time to see a conflicted Vader wrestling with the good side of his personality. Especially where it concerns Luke.  Like we see a partial split personality with Vader, where one side wants to use Luke to overthrow the Emperor, the other side wants Luke to save him from the Emperor. But even in such a case, the bad would still have to win out, otherwise Vader sacrificing his life to save Luke in ROTJ loses its meaning.  

Im not asking for episodes of Vader being this like tortured wimp. Let him go around killing people and being a badass for sure. What Im saying is at the end of the series Reva reports to him "Ive discovered what Kenobi has been doing all these years. Watching over a boy...your son Luke Skywalker." She thinks this is gonna earn her so much favor and she is like "lets get some troopers and go". But instead Vader ignites his saber and kills her without saying a word. Then walks off brooding. Then we get one more scene of Vader in his bacta tank looking extra forlorn and tortured. Thats it. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.