Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

Finally watched this. Thought it was great, the best bit of TV Star Wars yet. (I haven't seen Andor yet).

Not really sure what people's complaints are about, there were some hokey effects (like Obi running from the water) but nothing that made me go "wow that looks cheap". I mean, do people remember what the OT special edition looks like??  

I think the only time I though this was ridiculous was when Leia was running from her kidnappers in the forest and one of them got stuck on a low lying branch , that was pretty bad.. but I mean, small complaint.

All the Vader/Obi stuff was spot on. And sits high amongst some of the best moments in all of Star Wars I think.

Star Wars in general is not the sacred cow it used to be to me, so I managed to just watch and enjoy this over two nights. 

I'm looking forward to Andor now, hope it hasn't been over hyped.

It’s been my favourite TV series this year. Like you said, the Vader/Obi Wan stuff was spot on and some of the best Star Wars overall, not just Disney era. 

I think you’ll really enjoy Andor - the thing I loved the most was how British it felt, like an old school UK show set in the Star Wars universe. I’d suggest watching in three/four episode binges if you can, like little mini movies. 

As usual there seems to be this sense in the overall SW fandom that because something else has come along that is well made, fresh and new it automatically makes what came before it crap, but aside from the Boba Fett show I think they’ve knocked it out of the park with the Disney+ ones. Both Mando seasons, Obi Wan and Andor have been A+. 

That's cool to hear about Andor! Will start that soon with my wife. 

Yeah I don't agree with the "new media invalidates the old" stuff. Or maybe I just don't care. Fallen jedi coming back to the light side et al whatever that's fine, doesn't invalidate OT Vader arc or Yodas views. People quoting Yoda like he's the god damn gospel, it's like some religious fundamentalism goin on. It's a fantasy movie/show, stop taking things fuckin literally 

On 11/30/2022 at 9:21 AM, Odine said:

That's cool to hear about Andor! Will start that soon with my wife. 

Yeah I don't agree with the "new media invalidates the old" stuff. Or maybe I just don't care. Fallen jedi coming back to the light side et al whatever that's fine, doesn't invalidate OT Vader arc or Yodas views. People quoting Yoda like he's the god damn gospel, it's like some religious fundamentalism goin on. It's a fantasy movie/show, stop taking things fuckin literally 

Not sure if this is referring to my older posts, but I certainly wasn't suggesting that we take Yoda as gospel.  Like I said, the whole point of ROTJ is that Yoda was wrong.  That was the whole payoff.  

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.