Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

Yep, that’s how I saw it with that nice opener on the younglings. She is one of them and a flashback will reveal that, maybe even showing her seeing Anakin/Vader in the temple taking out the Jedi alongside the clones.

Talking of which, that was a nice moment hearing Temuera’s voice before seeing the veteran clone asking for credits.

Maybe another concern I have after a nights sleep (not trying to find fault, I loved these first 2 episodes!), is that this trap worked - why not use it again in the future since we know the Inquisitors still feature after this timeframe. Either:

- 6 parter finishes with the Inquisitors convinced he is now dead

- Kenobi vows never to leave Luke again and security is just ramped up on Alderaan - but that is a peaceful planet with no weapons? Hmmm.

But brilliant start as I said yesterday. That moment of discovery that Vader is alive, and all of the earlier conflicts in him on leaving and later using the force again! Fab!

I doubt Bail knows Anakin is Vader. I'm not even sure he's heard of Vader, being out in the sticks of the galaxy.

Initially I thought that escaped Jedi on Tatooine was one of the Younglings. Maybe he is, and we will meet the rest of them throughout this? I agree, Reva might be one of those Younglings, but she seems a bit older than Youngling+10. Side note: that scene was kind of hard to watch this week given the shooting in Texas. Sorry guys, mom moment.

Speaking of mom moments, I'm actually a little annoyed by 10-year old Leia. That kid is like 6 or 7, not 10. And she runs like a toddler. I have a 10-year old.

I also find it odd that Reva knows Vader is Anakin. I think the theory that she is good with the archives is a good one. Or maybe she's a bit of an apprentice?

16 minutes ago, Destiny Skywalker said:

Speaking of mom moments, I'm actually a little annoyed by 10-year old Leia. That kid is like 6 or 7, not 10. And she runs like a toddler. I have a 10-year old.

I know what you mean! I found myself thinking my 4 year old daughter would come out with some of those cheeky comments! 

The actress that plays Leia is 9. Maybe she was 8 when they actually started filming. I got a kick out of her.

Little Leia did make realize i have to keep go of ask the little things i think i know about the OT. I can't be the only one who was under the impression that Leia has never actually met Obi Wan based on the message she sent him in ANH.

I thought about it, but it works either way. She calls him Obi-Wan in her message, but when Luke refers to him as “Ben Kenobi” she doesn’t skip a beat. Cause you know— Kenobi is the Smith of surnames In Star Wars.

It's how she starts off the message. "General Kenobi. Years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars.  Now he begs you to help him in his struggle against the Empire." Of course I never actually thought about it until I saw that Obi Wan was going to save young Leia. Never saw them going in that direction

Reva almost has to be one of those younglings from the opening scene. They gave us a 4 minute recap of the prequels before the show even started. Wouldn't make sense to open with a flashback to Order 66 unless it was going to play some role other than setting the tone. 

That’s what I am saying in that it was a POV with no payoff. Pretty sure, just making assumptions that the girl second from the right is African American, that would be Reva

It makes the most sense given that they could have chosen the POV of Obi-Wan, Anakin, or even Grogu, as they were all there.

I suppose it could have been Sawftboy Jedi (seriously, the one performance I hated in this show so far) in the group, but he’s dead so Reva makes most sense.

09E7D555-ABF3-424C-8CE5-565DC63B2FF6.jpeg

They showed the first two episodes during Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim in a theater set up for the convention. I have to say, I hadn’t realized how much I miss watching Star Wars in a theater. It makes a huge difference to watch new content in a theater packed with fans as opposed to watching it at home. Lots of cheering, clapping, laughs and there were even people crying when we saw Order 66.

My one criticism of the first two episodes is the Inquisitors showed up on Tatooine just as the plan to kidnap Leia and lure Obi Wan out of hiding is set in motion. What an incredible coincidence! After ten years in hiding, Obi Wan is pushed to leave Tatooine immediately after the Inquisitors stroll through his town, threaten Owen and kill another Jedi while Obi Wan watched from a few feet away. 

Second viewing done now back at home and after watching on a tablet on hols (had to be done to avoid spoilers!).

So good - agree with the above post that it feels more like a movie than the other series that have come before (which I have enjoyed). Having that continuity of McGregor and Smits in their to give it a feel of it being Episode 3.5, if that’s not too much of an overused accolade over the years.

The actress playing Leia was great - enjoyed the banter between her and Kenobi. All the years I have watched A New Hope and I can’t believe I didn’t pick up on the element of Leia knowing “Ben” rather than expecting “Obi-Wan” based on the message! How funny. 

Grand Inquisitor to survive (if Maul and Anakin can, he certainly can!), so he can appear later in Rebels. Think we have only seen Second and Ninth Sister (in Fallen Order), so Reva (Third Sister) and Fifth Brother have a free reign on what happens to them. But correct me if I’m wrong.

Reva defo one of those that escaped Order 66 flashback as you have all mentioned above. Hopefully we get a flashback of her origins possibly with interactions with Anakin pre-ROTS. If Hayden is in this, you have to assume we see him less crispy…

This may be obvious but I feel like the rest of this show is about 2 quotes from Return of the Jedi.

"Obi Wan once thought as you do." 

"He's more machine now than man, twisted and evil."

How did Obi Wan go from that glint of hope in his eye at the end of the 2nd episode when he heard Anakin was alive to not even thinking he was a man anymore? That should be the crux of the show. Alhough I do think we will see good in Vader here. Possibly killing Reva to stop her from telling the Emperor about Luke. However Obi Wan won't know this. 

I haven't posted in here for years. I came back here just before 'The Force Awakens' was released, I hated it. I hated the two sequels. I thought 'The Mandalorian' was a very average show with a few good moments in there. I thought 'Solo' was ok despite a few awful moments. Maybe it seemed ok at the time because we had just recently been subjected to the 'Last Jedi'. I loved the third act of 'Rogue One'. I have no interest in watching 'The Book of Boba Fett', it looks terrible.

For the last few years I've been spending too much money buying Black Series figures, because I still love Star Wars despite what Disney have done to the characters and story that George Lucas and his team created.

Then the first two episodes of Obi Wan came along.  I was blown away. I didn't think I would be enjoying it this much. I've re-watched scenes over and over again because I am absolutely loving this. We are getting some of what we where expecting but  didn't get with the prequels, Owen and Obi Wans relationship. 

I teared up a few times watching this with one of my long time Star Wars nerd friends, and I had to put my hand over the side of my head so he couldn't see me lol ! 

That final scene though, when Obi Wan finds out, and he's got Anakin's daughter with him, it was so good.

So far they haven't ruined any characters. I loved young Leia, the dialogue that was written for her was perfect. I don't have any complaints about any of it. I just hope they keep this up, and I have not looked forward to seeing a showdown as much as I am looking forward to seeing Obi Wan going up against Vader again. 

I can not believe how good this series has been so far, especially after everything else Disney have put out since taking over. 

Can not wait to see more of this.

3 hours ago, The Choc said:

Alhough I do think we will see good in Vader here. Possibly killing Reva to stop her from telling the Emperor about Luke. However Obi Wan won't know this. 

Nope. Never. No. You're wrong.

3 hours ago, the trumpet player 2 said:

I haven't posted in here for years. I came back here just before 'The Force Awakens' was released, I hated it. I hated the two sequels. I thought 'The Mandalorian' was a very average show with a few good moments in there. I thought 'Solo' was ok despite a few awful moments. Maybe it seemed ok at the time because we had just recently been subjected to the 'Last Jedi'. I loved the third act of 'Rogue One'. I have no interest in watching 'The Book of Boba Fett', it looks terrible.

For the last few years I've been spending too much money buying Black Series figures, because I still love Star Wars despite what Disney have done to the characters and story that George Lucas and his team created.

Welcome back Stephen! 

4 hours ago, The Choc said:

Alhough I do think we will see good in Vader here. Possibly killing Reva to stop her from telling the Emperor about Luke. However Obi Wan won't know this. 

Agree with Tank on the “nope never.” If Vader finds out about Luke in this series, we should all just cancel our Disney+ subscriptions and never watch SW again. 

I’ve heard Filoni in past interviews say (in response to Clone Wars when Vader dueled Ahsoka on whether Ahsoka could’ve saved Anakin) the only one who could bring the good out of Vader is Luke in ROTJ. Anyone or any other situation Vader finds himself in, as much as we the audience would like to think Anakin could show some compassion for his former friends, that would completely nullify ROTJ. 

The third ep was probably the happiest I’ve been as a Star Wars fan. Vader was just savage and unhinged. I don’t think it’s too hard to guess where it’ll go next but still can’t wait for then next confrontation. 

The end with Reva was a little confusing in how they cut it but she might of been one of the Jedi or force sensitive kids they tried to help before? She recognised the symbol and knew where the tunnel ended up. 

Hi All! Enjoying this, obviously. Hope you are too.

Tank, [Part 3 spoilers]

I think - more often than I should - about your idea for a Vader slasher movie. Between the Rogue One hallway scene and the village march and subsequent cat and mouse game... I need it now more than ever!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.