Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

6 hours ago, Tank said:

i think Mando would still be a kid at this stage. Though they could get Daniel Logan, the kid who played Young Boba to show up as he'd be about that age. I'm hoping they steer clear of too much interplay. 

You're right. I forgot the timeline.

2 hours ago, Zathras said:

Inquisitors.  Specifically, inquisitors from the cartoons.   

I'll admit i didn't get the inquisitors at first, but it kinda made sense. Who would have been the people going around the Galaxy hunting down the Jedi? Not every bounty hunter is Cad Bane. 

What looks to be the Grand Inquisitor is off. But i thought Cad Bane looked it as well that first episode. 

I thought it looked really good. As far as cartoon characters making the move to live action Ive been critical before but just have to see how they do it. If they are introduced early in the show so the non cartoon audience actually knows them from the show itself then it should work fine. Plus something tells me the Inquisitor who was created specifically for the show (the black woman we see face to face with Owen) will be the main one featured here. 

5 hours ago, Metropolis said:

I'll admit i didn't get the inquisitors at first, but it kinda made sense. Who would have been the people going around the Galaxy hunting down the Jedi? Not every bounty hunter is Cad Bane. 

What looks to be the Grand Inquisitor is off. But i thought Cad Bane looked it as well that first episode. 

I don't mind the concept of inquisitors per se, but I don't like the idea of using characters from Rebels for this.  We've already seen that, and like you said, the Grand Inquisitor is off.  

5 hours ago, Metropolis said:

I'll admit i didn't get the inquisitors at first, but it kinda made sense. Who would have been the people going around the Galaxy hunting down the Jedi?

Darth Vader.

I ‘get’ the Inquisitors but hate the concept of it. Darth Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi Knights….by outsourcing the work to these guys. 

7 minutes ago, Dark Wader said:

Darth Vader.

I ‘get’ the Inquisitors but hate the concept of it. Darth Vader hunted down and destroyed the Jedi Knights….by outsourcing the work to these guys. 

Yeah, especially Obi Wan? Vader would want to hunt him down personally.  Hopefully, Vader will actually be the big bad of this series. 

16 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Yeah, especially Obi Wan? Vader would want to hunt him down personally.  Hopefully, Vader will actually be the big bad of this series. 

I think 99.9% he is. He is definitely in it, but again just makes the Inquisitors ‘mini-bosses’.

But I’d say Inquisitor happens to bump into Obi Wan, then Vader comes in to personally deal with it.   

1 hour ago, Dark Wader said:

Darth Vader.

The Inquisitors were Palpatine's pet project though. They weren't just Jedi hunters. They tracked force sensitive kids for roundup. Any problem they couldn't solve, Vader came in and cleaned up. Basically what you saw on Rebels. 

Dave Filoni imo did a great job taking the holes in Lucas's story and filling them in. He got creative and I think the medium could support it. Characters like Cad Bane, Hondo, the Grand Inquisitor, and even Thrawn added to the lore so to speak. I could live without the Bendu and light speed jumping space whales however. Does all of it translate to live action? Ahsoka worked I guess. I'm so used to Ashley Eckstein's voice that is weird to me. After seeing how good Hondo's animatronic was a Galaxy's Edge, Cad Bane's makeup just seemed like it was on a budget. Same with the Grand Inquisitor. God forbid they try to do Thrawn. Hell I'll argue that the Grand Inquisitor's story didn't translate to live action because it requires too much knowledge of the EU. 

1 hour ago, Metropolis said:

The Inquisitors were Palpatine's pet project though. They weren't just Jedi hunters. They tracked force sensitive kids for roundup. Any problem they couldn't solve, Vader came in and cleaned up. Basically what you saw on Rebels. 

Dave Filoni imo did a great job taking the holes in Lucas's story and filling them in. He got creative and I think the medium could support it. Characters like Cad Bane, Hondo, the Grand Inquisitor, and even Thrawn added to the lore so to speak. I could live without the Bendu and light speed jumping space whales however. Does all of it translate to live action? Ahsoka worked I guess. I'm so used to Ashley Eckstein's voice that is weird to me. After seeing how good Hondo's animatronic was a Galaxy's Edge, Cad Bane's makeup just seemed like it was on a budget. Same with the Grand Inquisitor. God forbid they try to do Thrawn. Hell I'll argue that the Grand Inquisitor's story didn't translate to live action because it requires too much knowledge of the EU. 

Yeah again, I get what they are there for and everything I’m just not a fan. 

This isn’t an issue about them bringing characters from the cartoons into live action (well for me), I think with the exception of Cad Bane it’s all been handled well - and Bane wasn’t a negative because he came from the cartoons, just poorly developed in the show itself.

Its just in this case, I would have preferred them to stay in the animated shows and video games. 

I mean it’s not a deal breaker, maybe they do it so well it becomes a redundant complaint. But seeing them doesn’t get me excited. 

EDIT - Also I think it’s a guarantee Thrawn will show up soon, he was name dropped in the 2nd season of Mando.

4 hours ago, The Choc said:

Do we know they are specifically hunting Obi Wan? Its certainly possible that this new Inquisitor is just out following the scent of a Jedi before they realize exactly which Jedi it is. At that point Vader gets involved personally. 

I actually hope that is the case. 

I would like to see an Obi Wan/Vader showdown that demonstrates how powerful Vader is, and gives us insight why Obi Wan couldn't challenge him again.  Maybe even Obi Wan fakes his death so Vader stops looking?

"i sense something. Something I've but felt since..." could also mean the last time he faced Obi Wan and thought him dead at the end of that meeting.

Besides I WANT to see a live action Vader at the height of his power.  Rogue One was just a hint.

Rumor mongers can’t even agree on who said it would be the “rematch of the century” - was it Kathleen Kennedy? Deborah Chow? Just someone who saw footage at Disney Investor Day?

Rematch aside though, if they do meet it isn’t a retcon. As Zathras mentioned, there isn’t anything definitive to say that RoTS was the last time they met and it actually wouldn’t make any sense if it was. 

In RotJ it’s implied Obi Wan tried to bring Anakin back from the Dark Side. We haven’t seen that - my money is on that being the lead up for the duel. Obi Wan’s last ditch effort at saving Anakin. 

The only issue is Vader's line "when I left you I was but the learner," but I mean, how often do humans say shit that's not entirely accurate, especially in an emotionally charged situation? I've literally never done it once, but the rest of you plebs have, so I'm not worried about that as a plot hole.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.