Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

Oddly, I was expecting something more epic for BoBF and something more intimate for Kenobi. Seems like they’re turning my expectations upside down. That didn’t work for the former, but hopefully it does work for the latter. If nothing else, Ewan is a better actor, and that will help.

As much as I love cartoons for superheroes, I’ve never liked it with Star Wars. Oh I understand the Clone Wars is just the bees’ knees and all that jazz, I just don’t care. I don’t care about the books, the comics, nothing. Can’t stand the EU and it’s incessant retreading, justification, and explanations of things from the movies that were on screen for half a second. Which is probably why JJ’s films suck too.

That said, Obi-Wan looks cool.

Yeah, the Inquisitors are not technically Sith, so it's the way they've been able to cheat things. At the end of the day, Star Wars without lightsabers, Jedi, and the Force feels lacking, so it's been decades of the EU and cartoons finding ways to skirt those rules. Inquisitors, Nightsisters, the Bendu, rogue Jedi, blah blah blah. It's always been needed, but you can't go against what's in the OT.

We've reached the peak of this movement where it's now moved into the live action stuff.

I'm definitely going to watch this, Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan was the one good thing about the PT, if we're giving him the chance to play that character with good material, I am here for it.

But as long as SW continues to feel the need to do prequel and in-between-quels we will get this watered-down EU vibe. 

They need to pull a Star Trek TNG and just shoot a hundred years past the ST and start fresh.

16 minutes ago, Tank said:

They need to pull a Star Trek TNG and just shoot a hundred years past the ST and start fresh.

Either this or the distant past. Again I don't care what books or video games have done with it. A period with a ton of Jedi and a ton of Sith/dark Jedi/whatever the hell you want to call them. A Star Wars version of Braveheart or Game of Thrones. That's what I've always wanted.

The problem I’ve got with the Inquisitors is that they just feel like the mini-bosses characters need to fight before they get to Vader. 

I get why they developed them, as a need for other dark side users to show etc but it seems almost pointless because whenever they do show up in something, so does Vader anyway. 

Has anyone heard anything about if Obi-Wan is supposed to fight with Vader in this series? I have mixed emotions about that. On one hand, it would be cool to see. On the other hand, it would seem to water down the impact of their duel in A New Hope (being the first time they have faced each other since ROTS). Also, Vader's line about the last time they met he was the learner would seem kind of odd.

6 minutes ago, Darth Wicket said:

Has anyone heard anything about if Obi-Wan is supposed to fight with Vader in this series? I have mixed emotions about that. On one hand, it would be cool to see. On the other hand, it would seem to water down the impact of their duel in A New Hope (being the first time they have faced each other since ROTS). Also, Vader's line about the last time they met he was the learner would seem kind of odd.

Yeah, I think when they officially announced it, or when they announced Hayden was in it, they said ‘rematch of the century’ or something akin to that. So it’ll happen. 

Though was Joel Edgerton confirmed in this before today? Glad to see him in it. 

6 hours ago, Dark Wader said:

The problem I’ve got with the Inquisitors is that they just feel like the mini-bosses characters need to fight before they get to Vader. 

I get why they developed them, as a need for other dark side users to show etc but it seems almost pointless because whenever they do show up in something, so does Vader anyway. 

Even worse, these are supposed to be the same Inquisitors we saw in Rebels right? And this series takes place before Rebels. So we won’t even see these mini-bosses meet their maker because otherwise continuity. 

8 hours ago, Metropolis said:

Does Obi Wan and the Mandalorian cross paths? For a hot minute there in the Clone Wars Obi had a Mandalorian love interest.

i think Mando would still be a kid at this stage. Though they could get Daniel Logan, the kid who played Young Boba to show up as he'd be about that age. I'm hoping they steer clear of too much interplay. 

I don't know what everyone else is dissatisfied with. Trailer looked decent to me. I mean, it's not like it looks the worst of the Disney output. I'm a little sick of tatooine/desert planets, but I'm way more excited for this than I was for BoBF

Admittedly I watched the Kenobi trailer on my phone sneakily at work, so it was waaaaay better than work, but perhaps that's not the barometer I should be looking for

18 minutes ago, Odine said:

I don't know what everyone else is dissatisfied with. Trailer looked decent to me. I mean, it's not like it looks the worst of the Disney output. I'm a little sick of tatooine/desert planets, but I'm way more excited for this than I was for BoBF

Admittedly I watched the Kenobi trailer on my phone sneakily at work, so it was waaaaay better than work, but perhaps that's not the barometer I should be looking for

Inquisitors.  Specifically, inquisitors from the cartoons.   

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.