Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Here’s my theory— this show is going to be full of flashbacks. Obi-Wan is broken and has lost his connection to the force after ROTS. Bail will hit him up needing help with something, and Obi-Wan will go back into action, but fail because he is not who he once was. He’ll have to do some soul searching, check in on Luke, get yelled at by Owen, and look back at heretofor unseen events from his past. I also wouldn’t rule out him revisiting the “trials” of some sort. Luke had the cave, Anakin had a similar experience in one of the cartoons— for Obi-Wan facing the darkside came in the form of being the first to face a Sith Lord in a thousand years.

I think that Anakin, Maul, and a lot of these other casting announcements will be flashbacks or visions Obi-Wan goes through to get his mojo back.

This will work only if there is a character constantly berating Obi Wan and telling him how much a failure he is every 15 minutes.  We need constant reminders of how Obi Wan failed, and how flawed Luke is and destined to fail, too, BTW.  

This is how you properly deconstruct a previously beloved character. 

I wanted to see Obi-Wan fight a krayt dragon. But they've already done the krayt dragon on THE MΛNDΛLORIΛN so my appetite for that is kind of sated. Don't need to see him face down a krayt dragon while dual-wielding lightsabres no more. Will be perfectly fine seeing him dual-wielding lightsabres against, I don't know, stormtroopers or whatever.

Indira Varma and one of the Safdie Bros. being part of the cast is kind of a big draw for me. I wonder who they're going to be playing!? Are they playing the same character, maybe, a two-headed guy like the guy from TPM, the podrace announcer guy voiced by Greg Proops and ... <checks Google> Scott Capurro!? Probably not. That's probably not going to happen.

If they're going flashback heavy then no Liam Neeson seems like kind of a drawback. He could even be a blue ghost or whatever. Isn't there a line in ROTS about how Obi-Wan is supposed to be communing w/him during his solitude on Tatooine?  Maybe maybe Liam Neeson's appearance in this series (mini-series?) will be a super special secret surprise?

I wanna see Obi Wan a hot mess in tatooine. Trawling various cantinas getting shit hammered on space-booze and spice, waking up with a twilek, trandoshian, and a sandperson in the sack, stolen bantha parked out the front. Getting strung out on dark side infused Khyber smoking crystals. Hitting rock bottom whilst doing odd bits of dirty work to scrape by. Still checking in on Luke cause heavy is the burden, but just being a bit of an animal in his own life.

On 4/5/2021 at 10:28 PM, R.CAllen said:

If they're going flashback heavy then no Liam Neeson seems like kind of a drawback. He could even be a blue ghost or whatever. Isn't there a line in ROTS about how Obi-Wan is supposed to be communing w/him during his solitude on Tatooine?  Maybe maybe Liam Neeson's appearance in this series (mini-series?) will be a super special secret surprise?

Ah man, I hope so!   It would be great to see Qui-Gon in here either as flashback or Force Ghost.   It still makes me sad that he was due to feature more in the later prequel films but due to a motor bike accident was unable to.   That would have been a nice touch.

On 4/14/2021 at 2:12 PM, R.CAllen said:

I'm probably just being needlessly cynical about a horrific injury (he broke his pelvis!) but I kind of think "I can't really be in your movies because of my motor bike accident" may have been code for 'pay me more money to do it, George'.

Harrison Ford crashed a plane and then filmed 2 Star Wars movies. He broke his pelvis too, as I recall.  Pelvis breaking is no joke, but as I think LN was young enough to recover just fine.  

I always assumed Liam just didn’t want to do any more. Which makes sense to me. George seems like a really great guy who would be hard to work with, especially during the prequel era.

I'd think George was easy to work with back then: 

George: ok got it, great

Actor: You sure, I feel I could maybe do a better job

George: nope, perfect you were standing in the right spot for the green screen.

Pretty easy to work with really.

8 minutes ago, The Choc said:

I'd think George was easy to work with back then: 

George: ok got it, great

Actor: You sure, I feel I could maybe do a better job

George: nope, perfect you were standing in the right spot for the green screen.

Pretty easy to work with really.

If you don’t actually care about your work, sure. And if you don’t have any ideas about how to do things differently.

On 4/14/2021 at 4:35 PM, Fozzie said:

I always assumed Liam just didn’t want to do any more. Which makes sense to me. George seems like a really great guy who would be hard to work with, especially during the prequel era.

I seem to remember him being somewhat hostile about Star Wars in statements.  Like it wasn't really acting to him and kind of beneath him. 

19 minutes ago, Zathras said:

I seem to remember him being somewhat hostile about Star Wars in statements.  Like it wasn't really acting to him and kind of beneath him. 

After doing work for Seth McFarlane, I think Liam has eased up on the pretentiousness. 

3 minutes ago, Jedigoat said:

After doing work for Seth McFarlane, I think Liam has eased up on the pretentiousness. 

Seems like a lot of actors do that.  I wouldn't be surprised if Neeson just didn't want to be type cast with Star Wars.  

• 2 weeks later...

Ah sorry guys for that blip above. Urban myth that’s got lodged in my head somewhere I guess! Google tells me the bike accident was in 2000, so nothing to do with ROTS. 

Certainly looking forward to this series though - will be fab to see Obi-Wan again.

• 10 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.