Ewan McGreggor coming back as Obi-Wan

Darth Krawlie

4 minutes ago, Zathras said:

Yeah but like I said earlier:

This is likely another JJ toadie taking over for JJ Abrams.  Basically, Alex Kurtzman all over again. And her resume is quite thin.

Yeah not great I’ll admit. But I still choose to remain optimistic, they have pushed this project back enough (not counting Covid) I think it’s a good sign they aren’t rushing into it, trying to get it right. Getting Edgerton back is a huge relief for me as well. 

7 minutes ago, The Choc said:

JJ did make one very good Star Wars movie though. 

He did, on its own right it is a great flick. And not to get into another sequel discussion because I think it’s been done to death, but in hindsight the movie is also responsible for all the issues that plagued the sequels in my opinion.

Like I said, and I sincerely mean it, if I am wrong, I'll eat my words.  I'll go further and say I HOPE I am wrong. But I have been let down too many times (see my original post today) at this point to be optimistic. In fact, most of the let down comes from JJ Abrams, or people associated with him.  I am tired of studios hyping and pulling on nostalgia strings, only to be let down. 

Just now, Dark Wader said:

He did, on its own right it is a great flick. And not to get into another sequel discussion because I think it’s been done to death, but in hindsight the movie is also responsible for all the issues that plagued the sequels in my opinion.

I disagree, the issues with the sequels are down to one movie. Which JJ also made to be fair. 

14 minutes ago, The Choc said:

I disagree, the issues with the sequels are down to one movie. Which JJ also made to be fair. 

I'd argue the only reason The Force Awakens was any  good was not because of JJ's writing, but because he had Kasdan and Arndt.  In all likelihood, JJ didn't write much of it at all, and was more the producer/director.  

You have to look at JJ's entire body of work, and quite frankly, as a writer, he sucks. 

I don’t know what it is like day to day, but I do know what is going into production when and by who— Mando 3 is happening, Filoni is doing the Ahsoka show, Favreu is doing his Rangers show, and the are both already well into Boba Fett. To say either is unhappy or leaving is just not true.

All the names attached to Obi-Wan is due to the fact that it was developed as a movie that morphed into mini series, that morphed into a full show and at each stage there was a different writer-producer handling things. It has been a bit of a mess, but the people attached are plenty experienced even if their IMDB profiles don’t show it.

I’ve worked on twice as many things as my IMDB, keep in mind it only lists things that have been released.

My friend is deep into the Acolyte and saying it is the most fun room ever.

The Gina Carano business has been used by every toxic bro fan to say Lucasfilm is a mess, and it’s not.

Kennedy is equally involved in all of it, both creatively and production wise. We can’t say she sucks because of the ST and not give her credit for Mando. She’s involved in every bit of it. Her only failing is hiring the wrong people on some of these things.

All these youtubers, or stupid sites like slashfm don’t know shit. Ever. They say what they say for traffic.

I can’t say with certainty that all SW stuff without Filoni and Favreu won’t suck, but to assume it will just because they aren’t involved is silly.

I'll believe you over any other source, youtube or written, but question about this:

All these youtubers, or stupid sites like slashfm don’t know shit. Ever. They say what they say for traffic.

Why are they permitted to say this shit? Doesn't it all fall under libel and slander? I know freedom of speech doesn't cover libel and slander.  Why don't studios sue them out of existence, then?   I don't youtube this shit, but I do read all kinds of articles.  It really pisses me off when I read something, and it seems legit, and turns out its all lies.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  

Honestly, Lucasfilm, Disney, and Kennedy just don’t care until they have to.

People talking at all keeps things relevant. Even a hater will consume their products just to bitch more. I detest AOTC and yet I’ve managed to see it a dozen times and still talk about it.

They only care when it can effect the bottom line. Like the division of fandom post TLJ, or a political threat like Gina Carson’s nonsense. Even with that they didn’t care about what she said until social media got involved.

As for who to believe, Makingstarwars is the only site that seems consistent. They are basically how theforce.net was during the PT.

The only things I would like to see going forward for Star Wars is more integration of the ST era designs into these shows. I would like to see that Kylo’s tie-fighter thing isn’t exclusive to him, that a ST Trooper squad shows up as an elite advance team in like Boba Fett or Mando 3. Stuff like that. Why? Because Galaxy’s Edge. I want the ST’s immersion grip on that park to be loosened. So by weaving in ST designs into these shows, the lock down on anything other than the ST in the park can be played with a bit. Heck, send Obi-Wan to the outpost the park is based around in his series.

Obviously a ride like Rise of the Resistance has a 99.99% chance of never being altered, I’m fine with that. Just the walk around stuff, the character interaction, etc, loosen it up. I want Ahsoka in the park. I want Falcon trip possibilities that aren’t centered on the idea that Chewie is a soggy mess of tears who is willing to just let the Falcon be used and abused because Han is dead.

Every other area of a Disney park plays fast and loose with immersion. The princesses all chill together, we have pirates hanging out next to cowboys. Toys walk around. Stop with this ST LARP immersion bull that is locked into Galaxy’s Edge.

On 3/29/2021 at 11:53 PM, Zathras said:

I'll believe you over any other source, youtube or written, but question about this:

Why are they permitted to say this shit? Doesn't it all fall under libel and slander? I know freedom of speech doesn't cover libel and slander.  Why don't studios sue them out of existence, then?   I don't youtube this shit, but I do read all kinds of articles.  It really pisses me off when I read something, and it seems legit, and turns out its all lies.  I don't know what to believe anymore.  

If it’s rumors, it’s lies. If you’re reading Slashfilm or (my personal favorite for stupidity) We Got This Covered, then it’s all absolute bullshit.

Basically if you’re reading a site that isn’t a huge name, you’re reading lies. 

3 hours ago, The Choc said:

Just look at the language in the article. If its like "Favreau owns Kennedy!!! Fans dreams about to come true!!!". Thats obviously not an unbiased reporting of events. Its someone just saying what they want to be true.

The biggest problem is that Google treats these places like real news. It’s completely immoral of them to do so, and is aiding the destruction of our society. It’s every bit as bad as the fake political news.

On 3/29/2021 at 12:57 PM, Rogue 3 said:

Your wish has been granted! Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru confirmed with Edgerton and Bonnie Piesse confirmed in the cast.

https://www.starwars.com/news/obi-wan-kenobi-series-cast

Filming finally due to start in April! 

This, along w/Genevieve O'Reilly coming back as Mon Mothma for Rogue One, is the sort of thing I really really like!

These Youtubers have formed their own bubble in which they see each other as the true heroes in a fight against what they see as injustice...

It is always the same type of stuff they attack... Star Wars, Marvel, Disney in General, DC, Star Trek, Doctor Who, etc... And the same things they support...

They always have an inside source... And always big up each other... Repeating each others scoops like they are real... Spreading the rumors among each other...

And then getting all the dough from the views...

That's the only thing that counts... The views... And the money they earn with it... Thats why they release so many videos talking about the same rumors and attacking the same targets over and over again...

Any way... Do we know how many episodes this series will have? I believe the original plan was 4 episodes... Did this change?

I think the plan is that it's a limited / mini series so 4 sounds about right. I like that for Disney+ shows, things are as long they need to be and there hasn't been set episode lengths or season numbers. Mando has 8, WandaVision 9 and Falcon and Winter Soldier is 6 eps. 

Though I'd bet Ashoka and Rangers of the New Republic are the same as Mando when they're released. 

So... where are all the plot speculations about this series? Is it just going to be 8 hours of Obi Wan creeping around spying on the ol' moisture farm? (I would totally watch that.) Since Anakin hates sand, I'm assuming he's not going to Tattooine, but there's going to have to be some sort of encounter between OB1 and Vader, yes? 

WHERE ARE ALL MY SPOILERS?

Here’s my theory— this show is going to be full of flashbacks. Obi-Wan is broken and has lost his connection to the force after ROTS. Bail will hit him up needing help with something, and Obi-Wan will go back into action, but fail because he is not who he once was. He’ll have to do some soul searching, check in on Luke, get yelled at by Owen, and look back at heretofor unseen events from his past. I also wouldn’t rule out him revisiting the “trials” of some sort. Luke had the cave, Anakin had a similar experience in one of the cartoons— for Obi-Wan facing the darkside came in the form of being the first to face a Sith Lord in a thousand years.

I think that Anakin, Maul, and a lot of these other casting announcements will be flashbacks or visions Obi-Wan goes through to get his mojo back.

I think alot of what Tank said is probably right on. I'll add this though. I think there will be a "leak" with Luke. Someone will come to Tattooine who knows the name Skywalker and maybe even who knows Vader's identity. Obi Wan will have to prevent this info from reaching Vader. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.