Dave Meltzer is reporting that NXT is moving to USA to counter program AEW on TNT

Super Dragon

According to Dave, the show will run 2 hours, and they may even start a week or two before AEW's TNT debut on October 2nd.

Personally, I think this is a great idea from WWE. I'm curious if they'll feel the need to move anyone back to NXT in order to establish it on USA. Perhaps Balor, and Samoa Joe? Might as well move Bobby Roode back too.

It's official. I just hope they keep NXT as is and don't sports entertain it. NXT works because it is different from the main roster shows. Plus it is probably more in line with what AEW is going to do.

There was talk that FS1 was disappointed that WWE didn't give it NXT. I don't know how true that is. If you want to compete directly with AEW you move your show to a channel a couple of spots up/down the dial. I don't know about you guys but FS1 is far from TNT on Spectrum.

It's official. I just hope they keep NXT as is and don't sports entertain it. NXT works because it is different from the main roster shows. Plus it is probably more in line with what AEW is going to do.

There was talk that FS1 was disappointed that WWE didn't give it NXT. I don't know how true that is. If you want to compete directly with AEW you move your show to a channel a couple of spots up/down the dial. I don't know about you guys but FS1 is far from TNT on Spectrum.

I'm sure if WWE just took the best offer.

On my dial, TNT is channel 1237 and USA is 1238. FS1 1153. It's smack in the middle of all of the other sports channels. Point is that when "flipping channels" being close to another similar channel helps.

When going head to head that WWE logo is going to be big going against AEW. If Vince doesn't mess with the NXT formula, he already has a win. NXT has a following. It's the same fan that AEW is targeting. Just don't fuck with the formula Vince.

Not trying to be contrary but do people really "flip channels" any more? I can't even watch tv without the guide and with every tv remote having a "last channel" button I think you are really overstating this factor. Plus even if what you say is true and being close in channel # will help NXT take viewers away from AEW then the opposite is true as well.

Not trying to be contrary but do people really "flip channels" any more? I can't even watch tv without the guide and with every tv remote having a "last channel" button I think you are really overstating this factor. Plus even if what you say is true and being close in channel # will help NXT take viewers away from AEW then the opposite is true as well.

True. AEW will get views because it is the new kid on the block. I'll reserve judgement until I see an actually weekly show. NXT already does what it does well. It will be interesting to watch. Raw and SmackDown were never going to be true competitors for AEW. NXT will be.

If there is something to worry about, it would be the actual developmental talent. How much will they be featured? The top talent wasn't on every week. They would continue stories with video packages. The other segments with feature developmental and lower Indy talent.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.