Epstein found dead, possible suicide

Guest El Chalupacabra

From a guy who was supposed to be on suicide watch in a place with some of the best trained guards in the country, and right after allegations about powerful men being involved hit the news.

R's and D's and royalty. I'm always hesitant with any type of conspiracy theory, but for a guy who reportedly just attempted suicide to be free to do it again so soon implies an insane level of incompetence at the very least.

Unless there's video of him committing suicide, I'm always going to question whether it was suicide. If there is video, I'm going to question what type of corruption allowed it. Simple belief that the guy should die for his crimes? Bribing someone to allow it to happen? Someone else intervening to ensure it happened?

While the conspiracy angle is fascinating, Hollywood film even... my Pops was a prison guard for like twenty-years and (although he certainly was never supervising someone of Epsteins level, although maybe I dunno... does a serial killer like the Butcher Baker count? Probably not I guess. Anyway...) suicides do happen. When someone wants to go they find a way to do it. I am not at all saying there cannot possibly be an actual conspiracy, or even fault, just at the same time the premise that this cannot happen without corruption is likely a false assumption.

I think he was trying again to get to his penthouse arrest but was actually successful in t committing suicide because for some reason the 30 minute check hadn't happened to actually stop it before it came to fruition. I am not a conspiracy theory person.

Yeah this guy was going to be convicted and his life was going to be hell, if someone didn't shank him in prison. Its not too far of a reach that he would kill himself. All his rich buddies sure weren't going to come to his rescue.

I can see someone giving him the opportunity, though. But not sure this has to be a conspiracy theory. Hopefully Barr continues to dig in.

Yeah, this is very... well, Russian in its feel.

No.

...but recently, MSNBC's resident "I will say any dumbass thing" pundit Joe Scarborough said the same thing. Of course, he--and his "network's" meaning--was aimed at Trump, because they are still soaking the diapers over 2016.

It also shows a remarkable ignorance of American history, if he thinks suspicious deaths are not the stock and trade of this nation, from the streets, to every level of law enforcement.

Suicide in prison and jail is a problem, due to a combination of different issues. Mental illness, overcrowding, underfunding, and a societal belief that prisoners should be treated as subhuman to reduce recividism. I have no doubt that Epstein was experiencing at least a few of these issues. Having said that, he also died the day after news broke listing other wealthy, powerful men as potential rapists as well, and each of these men had reason to want Epstein silenced, and there could be more that are out there.

It's also possible that the people named are all innocent, and Epstein was the only one involved. Whether that's true or not, it's also likely that it was suicide.

Having said that, everything about this whole deal is suspicious - from the original plea deal to today. I don't trust anything about this situation. I'm not saying that I think I buy into any specific conspiracy theory, just that it's all suspicious.

• 4 weeks later...

But this wasn't some random half-assed jail in the middle of Nowhereville, Indiana. This was a federal holding. He was on suicide watch so there shouldn't have been anything in his cell that would have allowed him to kill himself. Cams not working, cellmate removed, no guard on duty. It's either A) Murder or B) Gross negligence. If it's the latter, that facility's staff need to be held accountable. When they Baker Act someone, they are placed in a room with someone with a bed with no sheets, no pillow case, solid walls with nothing to mount on and they even take your shoe laces. This Federal prison placed him on suicide watch and just left it all to chance?

I get why everyone jumped on the Clinton killed Epstein thing because of all the alleged suicides that the Clintons are associated with (plus it's just plain fun). But according to many accounts, there were LOTS of rich, powerful people that were going to face the music due to his testimony. That would have been a really fun circus to watch, which is the real tragedy here. I doubt anybody mourns that asshat but the fallout would have been delicious :drool:

I hope that someone mourns him. Even the worst of people should be loved by someone.

I think that the most likely thing is suicide, but I think someone, likely Epstein, greased some palms to make it possible. As far as murder, I think there are people with a lot more to lose than Bill Clinton or Donald Trump. Given the current state of Britain and the fact that everyone already hates the next king, I would rate the royal family as higher on the list of suspects than any US politician.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.