Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Okay, but seriously... GUNS

54 replies to this topic

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,516 posts

Certain bullets are being restricted by Walmart. They're not stopping selling bullets just a certain kind. I am good with that. Most businesses have started or already posted signs in Texas about no open carry allowed. Now when it's a federal disaster relief area and you are asked to evacuate the area you can take your weapons and open carry without a license in Texas as well. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

Yeah, my understanding is they are limiting ammo to certain hunting calibers.  I thought I heard this morning they won't be carrying hand gun ammo and ammo for certain rifles that also are used in AR15s and AK47s, as an example.  As I understand it, they are not pulling stuff from shelves, but just won't restock certain ammo once they are out.  That won't take long, though,  because there will likely be a bum rush on ammo speculator/buyers.  In some areas, Wal Mart is the main, if not THE ammo supplier.  Ammo speculators will likely be marking the ammo they by up very significantly for resale.

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,516 posts

That's how all those AR-15s and AK-47s were sold though. I remember the run on guns back when Obama got elected. Some gym teacher I worked with by 10 because he was so afraid he wouldn't be able to buy them once Obama was in office. Just making more money for gun manufacturers and the NRA but not really pushing any good long term things through that kind of moderate the risks. 

I think the guy who shot up Midland/Odessa ordered his online. 

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

Assuming the seller is doing it legal, you can't just order a firearm online like you can something on Amazon, when buying a gun online.  You have to have it sent to a gun shop or other store with an FFL.  In AZ (can't speak to other states, but I assume most), when you pick up the firearm, they have to do a background check before they will release the firearm.  

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts

The silver lining is that this will bring back more business to local gun shops. F*** Walmart anyway.

Reply to this topic