MCU Phase Four

Sounds like the Disney+ shows are considered part of Phase Four, which is new, and there's no Avengers movie at the end.

As of this moment, I'm not looking forward to any of the movies. Natalie Portman is the most inconsistent actor or actress working today, and her MCU performances have been subpar so far. Black Widow may be interesting, but Endgame did such a good job with her that even setting the movie in the past feels cheap to me.

Doctor Strange works best as part of someone else's story, but I've read it's the first MCU horror film, so they're doing something new.

Otherwise, I really don't know the characters so they aren't appealing to me. And in general I haven't been seeing any of the individual character movies in the theater, except the Captain America movies. I saw all of Phase One and that was it.

Anyways, here's the list:

Movies:

May 1, 2020: Black Widow

Nov. 6, 2020: The Eternals

Feb. 12, 2021: Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings

May 7, 2021: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Nov. 5, 2021: Thor 4: Love and Thunder

TV:

Fall 2020: The Falcon and Winter Soldier

Spring 2021: WandaVision Disney Plus series

Spring 2021: Loki Disney Plus series

Summer 2021: What If...?

Fall 2021: Hawkeye

I wouldn't have chosen Guardians either, but that has worked very well. So who the hell knows what they've got up their sleeves.

Also, I seriously was like "Thor FOUR?? wtf, what was the third?" while my husband is LITERALLY watching Ragnarok behind me. And this is what happens when they stop using numbers in titles and it's past my bedtime. :no::shrug:

• 2 weeks later...

They have to learn from the hard lessons of the Inhumans for the Eternals to work. Kirby's cosmic work for both DC and Marvel is unmatched, though some have come close.

Shang-Chi excites me because I read those comics during the 70's kung-fu craze. The Ten Rings is unexplored territory, only used as small plot devices in Iron Man 1 and 3.

Black Widow has been a no-brainer-except-for-the-suits for forever, but I do like it's really happening.

I enjoyed the first Doctor Strange, and if there's more trippy Ditko-esque goodness, I'm in. Mephisto, please.

Lady Thor is just a goofy concept, like the comic incarnation. I'd prefer Valkyrie wielding the hammer, however.

I'm wait-and-see on the TV shows. Is that still under Loeb and his bosses? But What If? is an exciting inclusion.

And Ka-Zar and the Savage Land would be awesome.

I'm pretty sure all the TV shows on Disney+ are all under Feige and not Loeb. They have said they'll link up with the movies significantly so definitely sounds like it.

The more time goes on and they announce stuff for Disney+, I doubt the Loeb and Netflix Marvel shows are going to have any impact on the MCU and just end up as there own thing.

The Netflix shows are going to be forgotten. They were well cast, but behind the scenes all of the shows had serious trouble, most switched showrunners at least a couple times, and Leob, despite seeming like the perfect choice given his history of working in TV and comics, is not a great dude to work for.

His ego war against Fiege doomed it all. Maybe some of the cast/characters will show up in future Marvel stuff, but my guess is like the X-Men, they are just benched until the perfect idea materializes and a long term plan is formulated.

AOS is the only show Marvel TV under Loeb that found success.

I'm scratching my head trying to think of any examples of this from Disney. There's conjecture that Disney will reboot the Netflix shows, but so far it's just that.

Maybe you could argue Spider-Man, but that was Sony more than Disney. Disney/Marvel just saw a good opportunity to add their most popular character to the franchise.

Sony did reboots. Fox tried a reboot and then chickened out after First Class and made it part of the same continuity, but I still can't think of any from Disney, unless you're talking live action remakes of animated movies.

I think the value is in enjoying what you have. It's ultimately up to you, but does continuity mean everything? They rebooted the Batman movies quickly, but the Nolan films are still really good and worth enjoying.

Take the good and enjoy it. I tried to watch the Netflix stuff and didn't enjoy it. So maybe, if they reintroduce the characters I'll like it better. I think that there are a total of two X-Men movies that stand up, so I'll be happy whenever it happens to see what people who aren't afraid of comics can do with the property. Double that for Fantastic Four, because they really haven't done a good one yet.

I am bored with:

X-Men

Fantastic Four

Daredevil

Iron Fist

Ghost Rider

I am tired of:

Hawkeye

Black Widow

Iron Man

Jessica Jones

I am barely interested in more:

Thor

Guardians

Deadpool

Hulk

Luke Cage

Ant-Man and the Wasp

Spider-Man

Blade (only Alis casting has captured any interest)

I am interested in more:

Scarlet Witch

Black Panther

Captain Marvel

Doctor Strange

I would like to see:

Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur (perhaps with the Savage Land)

Miss America

Moon Knight

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.