Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tool

7 replies to this topic

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,414 posts

Not sure if any fans here. . .possibly Met? 

But after 13 years we finally get the new album of 30th of August and today, they finally launched their backlog on streaming services. I forgot how good Lateralus was until today and definitely having some angsty teenage flashbacks.  

• El Chalupacabra +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,781 posts

I'm a fan of Tool.  A Perfect Circle, too. 

Metropolis

Metropolis

• 14,518 posts
I bought Undertow when I was in college. I liked A Perfect Circle a little more.

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
I was waiting until midnight to so I could start streaming their albums. I’m so stoked, it’s about time. Thrilled for their new album. Saw them live for the 5th time back in May, and they never disappoint.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,569 posts
Yes!!!

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,414 posts

The new track has not disappointed at all thankfully. 

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,813 posts
Its so good isnt it? It only one track, but I really enjoy Maynards vocals. Over the years he doesnt scream as much as he used to live, and I remember reading or watching an interview where he said hes changing his vocal range because he just cant do that **** anymore. But I love it.
  • Dark Wader +1 this

Dark Wader

Dark Wader

• 2,414 posts

Yeah I'm in the same boat. He is over 50 now so the fact he still screams now and then live is impressive enough as it is. I'd rather he not do something on the album he can't replicate live anyway. 

But even though I love Maynard, Danney Carey is what matters most for me and he definitely has not lost any potency. Reminded me a lot of Reflection in some parts which is in no way a bad thing considering Lateralus is one of the greatest albums ever made. 

Reply to this topic