I would kill for a minivan! Cargo space, cup holders, doors that can't slam into other cars, mucho seating for hauling around children and teenagers...*sigh*. I would kill for a minivan. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a 2004 Hyundai Santa Fe, and I'll tell you if you put a turret on the damn thing it would have survived the battle of Kursk. Besides use to and from work, the damn thing has gotten my family an

The wife's new ride we got a few weeks ago, I swipe the keys for it when I can. This is the first time we've had a nicer or European car, we're spoiled now.

In case anyone was wondering, the car buying experience still sucks. We spent 9 to 3 driving around to dealerships trying to test drive a car. At the first one, I had an email saying it was still in s

I would kill for a minivan! Cargo space, cup holders, doors that can't slam into other cars, mucho seating for hauling around children and teenagers...*sigh*. I would kill for a minivan. 

Going to admit that my Volvo is lacking in cupholders. I think there are 4 total. It really does need more. My Highlander had like 8, more than people seated. Sometimes you need a water bottle and a coffee, for multiple people.

I still have my small 4 door Audi A4--It is nearly 10 years old with nearly 80k miles and I love it.  It has enough space for 2 large car seats, decent trunk space, and despite being a 4 cylinder it has excellent power, acceleration, and gas mileage even in the mountains.  Plus--it is too old to have touch screen controls, it has the dial.  I HATE touch screen!  That reason alone is enough for me to drive the car as long as I can. 

Cup holders are sparse--and the ones I have are pretty small.  One is so small it is unusable--perhaps a subtle way for European cars to shame us Americans with our oversized drinks.  My kids car seats have more that the rest of the car put together. 

• 4 weeks later...

In case anyone was wondering, the car buying experience still sucks. We spent 9 to 3 driving around to dealerships trying to test drive a car. At the first one, I had an email saying it was still in stock. Got there and it was gone, sold the night before. So they said they would open up a new one for us to look at. Then they couldn't find the keys. Turns out someone had the keys in their pocket and took them home. So then they had to track down another car. We spent an hour dealing with this nonsense. Then the guy had to go find a business card, and he was out. It was such a disaster, there's no way I would trust that dealership to put in an order for us. Next we tried another dealership about 15 miles away. Same story, car was sold last night. At least the guy figured it out quickly, like within 15 minutes. Then we went to lunch before driving back home to drop off the bicycle in my car and drive 2 cars to the next dealership knowing that we only had about an hour until we had to split up to pick up kids. They found the truck and as we were looking through it, someone else decided to buy it. So then we couldn't test drive it. They did finally manage to find one we could test drive. By that time, the deal fell through on the one we really wanted. Looking back at my last car buying experience in this thread though, it also took them forever to get their act together at the dealership. Car buying is actually worse than buying a home, IMO.

We picked up the truck on Friday. They gave us less than 1/4 of a tank of gas and forgot to put on the temporary plates and had to email them to us Saturday. Eff that place.

We filled up and it was over $125 because it's a 30 gallon tank. However, so far we are doing about 25% of the miles as electric, so that's not too shabby considering we drove quite a few highway miles this weekend.

The GPS system through Android Auto is not so great. The warnings are way too late and we drove all over West Seattle because my husband kept missing turns. But he's also driving super cautious because it is a BOAT and requires a lot of stopping distance.

Looking at the now published towing capacity, the Lightning was never going to work out anyway. Max towing of 10,000 lbs is based on tons of upgrades. 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.