Cars

10 hours ago, D-Ray Kenobi said:

I've got the basic automated steering on mine and not the fancy stuff.  I've used it pretty often on clear highways and interstates or stop and go traffic, but I don't really trust it in other instances.

That sounds a lot like the system on my husband's Ford. Its been pretty nice but it also bitches at him a ton saying he isn't keeping his eyes on the road when I'm pretty sure he is.

My Volvo has a "keeping it between the lines" function and smart cruise control, but that's it. E can't ride a bike straight so he's getting my car when he can drive.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The guy that sold me my car is now hounding me to trade it in, and honestly, he's getting into territory where he has my interest. It sounds too good to be real, though, so I'm hesitating.

It's basically the same payment and price for a 2023 that I have now on my 2020. The new one has 600 miles on it-it was the loaner car they used for a year-and has 7 year warranties on everything.

I'm torn.

8 hours ago, monkeygirl said:

The guy that sold me my car is now hounding me to trade it in, and honestly, he's getting into territory where he has my interest. It sounds too good to be real, though, so I'm hesitating.

It's basically the same payment and price for a 2023 that I have now on my 2020. The new one has 600 miles on it-it was the loaner car they used for a year-and has 7 year warranties on everything.

I'm torn.

Do you want to pay longer because that just adds to the years you keep owing. It's kinda like leasing and then being forced to buy the car so instead of paying for 5 years you've been paying on a car for 7 years or so. I say stick with the car you have so you pay it off sooner and can ride it until it diessssss money free. 

Of course if you want to just get a new car every so often and don't care about payments I say trade up to a newer model. 

That said I love my Prius. Its been paid off for two years and only stupid stuff I do to it causes me issues. Like driving into a two foot pothole and messing up the front end.

Naw, my goal is to pay it off soon and I can ($$). I wanted to pay it off this year but just kept putting it off. I'm being swayed by the warranties, really. I don't have a desire for a new car and assumed this Corolla would be my last car.

I can't remember what they valued my car at and I can't recall exactly how much I paid for it.

• 1 month later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.