Cars

You think there's a correlation between your brother building the Jeeps and them having issues?

Stop ruining my dream.

Naw on my Brother. He's good at fixing stuff. It is what got him promoted. But I totally get it. I have a Jeep fantasy myself. But I really want a Tacoma.

I'm taking my car in today cuz on the drive to Arizona this weekend it decided it didn't want to accelerate anymore. It's hard to pass someone on a 2 lane highway when your car doesn't go into passing gear, even when the pedal is literally pushed to the floor. We got a temporary fix in but it needs a little work done.

the super cool thing about having car issues is how literally every mechanic tells you something different every time you have any issue

called three places and got three different answers and they all talked as if the other one's ideas were the worst idea ever. super ****ing cool.

I'm taking my car in today cuz on the drive to Arizona this weekend it decided it didn't want to accelerate anymore. It's hard to pass someone on a 2 lane highway when your car doesn't go into passing gear, even when the pedal is literally pushed to the floor. We got a temporary fix in but it needs a little work done.

I had something like that happen with the old Dodge back when I lived in Florida. My transmission sensor went out while I was driving home from work on US-1. So my car wouldn't shift out of first gear, which is really fun when you're in a 45 mph zone.

God, I hated that car.

I started taking the Toyota to a local shop for the last few years, and they took pretty good care of me, but the last time they rotated my tires, they broke 3 lugs on the same time and wanted me to pay for it. I was pissed because it was pretty clear they had overdone it with the torque gun the last time they had changed the tire. So I paid for labor, no parts, and said see ya, and now I need a new mechanic. Had to go to the dealership for that sensor issue, but I probably would've gone to the dealer anyway given that I had no less than 3 lights on the dash light up and a message saying "Call your dealer immediately." Uhhh yep.

HAHAHA. Yeah those dash messages slay me. Although I do appreciate the battery in my key fob is getting low message. I find the dealer to be pretty competitive in pricing. I even get better deals on oil changes through my dealer. They do buy one get one free deals so it is half off for me. I do know a lot about car repairs. I had a 79 T-Bird that was formerly my step-mom's as my commuter car for college (13 miles to the gallon with that V8) and helped my Dad replace the transmission, the engine and have done many brake jobs on a lot of cars as well as oil changes. But you know what? I would rather pay another person to deal with the mess. One time I was doing the oil change in my Dodge Omni and missed the oil drip pan. It took me ages to get all that oil up and had to hear my step-mom complain about it for ages.

HAHAHA. But if his kids are like three days past a nap they my wanna discount any car to get them off the show room floor.

My niece bought a used Odyssey from Honda that was a previous lease. She swears they knocked 4000 off the price of the car because her four kids were everywhere. Two were honking the horn of a new Civic and one was eating donuts unapologetically because my niece feeds them health food and he'd never had a donut before and some sales dude gave him the chocolate frosted one he was eating from the back of a CRV with his sticky fingers going through all the nooks and crannies and the baby was crying non-stop from teething.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.