Picard

Tank

I would have sworn it was her that teleports, but maybe not. I guess Ill have to rewatch the trailer.

Edit in: I do think it is her, but the quick cut makes it difficult to tell. Watching the moment back a few times I am not sure she is teleporting whether like a Borg or something like a Traveler, because a sound similar to a Starfleet transporter plays as she vanishes.

Totally not her. Falling person has a helmet.

Maybe the biomechanical lubricant for this Lal-type was altered to bring it closer to Datas Pinocchio goal. Maybe Datas new Lal-type is so perfect (that should be in quotes but this mobile version of Nightly for me is weird anyway) that the Borg are then intrigued by her.

Or... Or...

Maybe she is Riker and Trois daughter with amnesia and prior to that she was some super spy for Starfleet who uncovered a dastardly and foolhardy plot to use Borg tech and that then sets Picard and her off on the mission to stop it all.

Or... Or... :-)

I love this stage of the geek cycle.

io9is trash, but reliable.

I'm more excited that he calls his dog Number One!

That breakdown is actually pretty great, and I'm inclined to buy most of it, just based on stopping at looking at the details.

So we have a potentially amnesiac character named Dahj and a story that seemingly involves the past catching up to people and what that means for the future. Haha. Deja Vu.

And if Picard does call his dog Number One then that is neat. I joked about that on Facebook the moment the poster was revealed. Probably low hanging fruit tho.

Some of the theories in the comments of that page combined with the breakdown offers up one concept that I kinda like and seems to fit--

Romulans are reverse engineering Borg stuff to find a way to become a true power again after losing their home world. We see warbirds around the Borg cube, and a couple shots of Borg's on operating tables with implants being removed. Between Picard, Hugh, and Seven, we know assimilation can be reversed if the doctors have the time and resources to do it.

The Romulan prison is potentially where post-Borg drones are being held. Given a few errant lines, they have no idea who they are now, before they Borg, or being a Borg (unclear). Dahj is among them, and clearly considered special.

At the end of Voyager, Janeway "erased" the Borg Queen, who we know could transmit herself into different host bodies. (They retconned her to being aboard the cube in Best of Both Worlds, and despite being nuked in FC, she showed up in Voyager (played by a new actress, and in the finale, as the original actress).

So the theory is, Dahj potentially has the code/memories/nanites/whatevers to be the next Borg Queen, and the Romulans need her to assume control of all the Borg tech their messing with. For whatever reason, she escapes and comes to Picard for help.

I'm really excited for this. This show had me at Picard, but Seven of Nine and Data too! I never thought I'd see any of these characters on screen again. I keep watching this trailer over and over and over...

A couple of questions...

1) Its been ages sense I last saw "All Good Things," but shouldn't Picard have dementia? Wasn't his future self in the TNG final suffering from it?

2) If this series is set after the destruction of Romulus, then it establishes that the prime timeline continued to exist alongside the Kelvin one. Nero's meddling with the past in Star Trek 2009 in no way changed or erased any of the Trek that we knew. It only created a separate timeline. Why then, in practically every other Star Trek story involving time travel, was preserving the past exactly as it happened such a priority?

There is nothing depressing about getting old.

Even so, Patrick Stewart doesn't seem that frail to me, his voice is just a little croakier. And he is deffo no spring chicken anymore. But.. I always like stories about a grizzled old vet coming out of retirement cause only they can get the job done. I'll be watching this for sure.

There is nothing depressing about getting old.

Even so, Patrick Stewart doesn't seem that frail to me, his voice is just a little croakier. And he is deffo no spring chicken anymore. But.. I always like stories about a grizzled old vet coming out of retirement cause only they can get the job done. I'll be watching this for sure.

I mean he wasn't as old as Stewart is in this, but this was pretty much one of the core themes of Wrath of Khan.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.