Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

His Dark Materials

9 replies to this topic

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

Trailer dropped at Comic Con a few minutes ago, GET HYPE WITH ME

Before you ask yes this is the same story as the Golden Compass. The movie flopped and this is a BBC/HBO do-over. Season 2 has already been green lit so we'll definitely be getting at least some of the second book this time.

• Ryn and zambingo +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,353 posts
That looks Siiiick. I'm hyped

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,385 posts

I wasn't sold on Lin as Scoresby until this trailer. I am so ready for it. 

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,545 posts

Much much better-suited medium.

• Kyrian +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

BBC premier November 3, HBO premier November 4.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

Am I the only one here watching this

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,562 posts
Is it worth watching? Like 80% of the reviews Ive read have not been great.

I dont have HBO, so Im either going to have to find an account to use, or wait a year before they let Netflix have it.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts
I liked it, my only real criticism is worried it moved a little fast and introduced too much for the uninitiated/people who havent read the books. But its well casted, good effects, good music. Of course Im predisposed to liking it, but I hope it proves successful. A second season is already approved, I just hope we get to actually complete the trilogy this time.

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

I missed that it was starting last night, but I have a repeat set to record tonight.  I have some prior knowledge of the series from watching the movie and reading most of the first book, though it has been probably 8 years since I read what I did.  I am looking forward to the show, though I am very behind on the DVR recordings right now.

I'm glad to hear that you liked it.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,353 posts
The Guardian gave it five stars. I disagree. I give the first episode 3.5

Reply to this topic