Veronica Mars Season 4

"Pumped" might be an overstatement. Season 1 was incomparably awesome, season 2 was above-average but meandered to kill time, season 3 was a general letdown, and the movie was rare evidence of what happens when creators get too eager to please their loudest fans.

The wife and I will be watching because we're curious to see what happens next, but reserve our right to remain skeptical. Also, if Veronica and Logan are still together by the end of the season, I'm mutinying.

I've now seen really positive reviews as well as negative reviews, so I'm still excited. It's not going to come anywhere near season one, but if it's as good as the movie, I'll be happy.

Although I want less Logan and more Wallace.

Piz and Veronica could never work out because he's a decent person. Wallace is the closest she can get to decency and that's because she can manipulate him so easily.

I’ll always encourage people to watch season one, but just be aware that it’s noir. Some of it is a little cheesy, but that’s the genre.

I’ll always love Veronica in all her forms. Seasons one and two were really fun to watch in real time. I even participated in a Veronica Mars message board. 3 is actually better binge watched. That way the annoying parts only last until the next episode instead of a whole week or longer.

As long as there’s no Piz...

Of the two reviews I've read so far (both of which had seen all eight episodes), one confirmed neither Piz nor Mac from season 3 are anywhere to be found. There're itty-bitty bit parts for lots of the best old characters, but some reportedly, sadly get short shrift.

I actually liked Piz, and for the life of me can't remember why most fans hated him? Like, was he too nice or something dumb like that? (We watched season 3 live, and only the one time. It's been a while.)

I liked Piz, but I think the main reason was him being a placeholder. They did the love triangle for two seasons and couldn't use Duncan anymore so they introduced Piz.

But Piz was always too good for her. He deserves better.

Piz sounds like something Herman Munster would have questioned Joe Pesci saying in My Cousin Vinny.

Excuse me.

What?

Piz?

Oh, I am sorry. [looks at the witness on the stand] So you say you saw the defendants... urinating... on the Sack-o-Suds?

As long as theres no Piz...

Of the two reviews I've read so far (both of which had seen all eight episodes), one confirmed neither Piz nor Mac from season 3 are anywhere to be found. There're itty-bitty bit parts for lots of the best old characters, but some reportedly, sadly get short shrift.

I actually liked Piz, and for the life of me can't remember why most fans hated him? Like, was he too nice or something dumb like that? (We watched season 3 live, and only the one time. It's been a while.)

No Mac!?

**boycotts**

Even worse, Parker, Tim, and Max are returning. Parker was ten times worse than Piz, and Tim was ridiculous especially with that stupid wig to make us forget he was a dead janitor, and Max played a part but it was over when Mac dumped him. Really before then, but Mac was a good enough character that the soap opera stuff with her wasn't that bad.

Wife and older kids are at a wedding reception, baby is asleep and I'm parked on the couch.

Let's see how many episodes I can manage.

"Pumped" might be an overstatement. Season 1 was incomparably awesome, season 2 was above-average but meandered to kill time, season 3 was a general letdown, and the movie was rare evidence of what happens when creators get too eager to please their loudest fans.

The wife and I will be watching because we're curious to see what happens next, but reserve our right to remain skeptical. Also, if Veronica and Logan are still together by the end of the season, I'm mutinying.

I blame you.

Halfway through episode 4. So far, this is the best since season one. It really benefits from a short season and being able to keep focus on the one mystery.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.