Your projects

On 6/8/2023 at 12:17 PM, Odine said:

That's cool, did you design any of the placement of the peices for the final look or did you just smash stuff together on the fly and it resolved itself? 

I planned a few parts but mostly just felt it out organically as I went. I think that was a lot more phone. If there was a blueprint to follow I'd probably hate that-- I always kind of sucked at building models. Doing it on the fly was so much more fun. There were definitely some pieces I chipped off cause they didn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

My latest obsession is tie dye. I'm still basically a novice, but its been a lot of fun and a good summer activity for the kids.

The swirl design is super easy to set up but really hard to keep "clean", especially with the kids. They tend to slop and splash and drip, but even I had a hard time keeping it very clean. The stripe pattern is probably the easiest and still comes out looking good. Other things I've learned is that the dye is only good for a few days before it starts to fade. The green/blue/yellow swirl used older yellow dye, you can really see the difference between the yellow in the rainbow shirt and that one. The red in the flag tie dye is also old, so it turned out a little more pink/faded than bright red. Oops.

I'm probably most proud of the galaxy shirt, although I think I needed more black.

20230705_085404.jpg

20230705_094755.jpg

20230625_222141.jpg

So, I dunno if any of you writers and game nerds are still working on your own universes, but This resource is supposed to be a really cool program to organise all your thoughts, maps, characters and basically everything in developing your own universes. There are templates for pre existing IPs you can use too. 

9 hours ago, Odine said:

So, I dunno if any of you writers and game nerds are still working on your own universes, but This resource is supposed to be a really cool program to organise all your thoughts, maps, characters and basically everything in developing your own universes. There are templates for pre existing IPs you can use too. 

I looked into it before-- it's a lot of fun for people who love making up worlds but never want to do any actual story writing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.