Books for child wranglers

Cerina

I finally found the secret to reading a non-children's book! Audible on the way to the office. In fact, I think I only go into the office so I can have an excuse to listen to grown-up books on the way.

Anyway, if any if you haven't yet, go read The Whole Brain Child by Dan Siegel. It'll change the way you see your kids.

And those of you who are Christian and still working to find answers about your kids, you need to read Different by Sally Clarkson and Nathan Clarkson. I cried most of the way through it, but it also was so affirming and convicting.

Now I need something else to listen to. I have a few in my to-listen list, but I'm also taking recommendations.

I just did a year subscription to Audible for 30% off and got an Echo Dot for 99 cents. Well, really two Dots for 99 cents because the postal service didn't scan the delivery so Amazon said it was never delivered and sent me a new one. When I contacted them to tell them, they said to keep it.

See if your library does digital loans. I have cards at 5 different libraries just for that reason. You can just download ebooks and audiobooks without having to put on pants.

Right now I'm taking a break from listening to The Skeptics Guide to American History, part of The Great Courses because they had BOGO on Great Courses on Audible.

I'll check out Different! Thanks for the recommendation.

This is why I stopped after ONE kid. Once he was asleep, I read. The other secret was divorce. I had so much more time to read after that.

Also, now I have to literally make him hang out with me, so if I don't do that, I can read.

You know all those heartwarming videos of deaf kids hearing for the first time? Whenever I see this parody of it I think of Jacob:

I got rid of my PS4 because it was becoming impossible to play without playing in front of the kids, which I'm against.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.