Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Movie soundtrack singles that eclipsed the films they were made for

56 replies to this topic

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,228 posts
LMAO

Kyrian

Kyrian

I'm back

• 11,385 posts

Lady Marmalade, from Moulin Rouge? No-one talks about the movie any more, but I hear the song pop up every so often on the radio.

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,443 posts

"Let's Hear it for the Boy" from Footloose

I guess that would be in the same vein as those other hit movies like Top Gun that spawned songs that instantly take you back to the films. Technically the films didn't bomb, neither did movies like Batman Forever (Kiss from a Rose) nor of course, Titanic. I guess this game is a little harder when you think of it that way. 

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

"Happy" from Despicable Me 2.  I know people enjoy the Minions, but that song has been everywhere ever since the movie came out and not just among kids.  I imagine it will stay around for a long time, too, so while this may be preemptive putting it here, I think it will fit the bill.

• Brando and zambingo +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
I totally agree with that one. "Happy" should definitely be on the list.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

Gangsta's Paradise from Dangerous Minds

• Jacen123, Brando, Cerina and 1 other +1 this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

I totally agree with that one. "Happy" should definitely be on the list.

Oh good.  I didn't want to have to post it in the unpopular opinions threads, too. ;)

Reply to this topic