Movie soundtrack singles that eclipsed the films they were made for

Tank

Guest El Chalupacabra

Another Batman movie: U2's Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me from Batman Forever.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls for the movie City of Angels (if you forgot what one that is, its the one with Nicolas Cage as...lol... a trench coat angel. awful movie.).

Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls for the movie City of Angels (if you forgot what one that is, its the one with Nicolas Cage as...lol... a trench coat angel. awful movie.).

I remember that movie! It was horrible. I like the song though.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Burn by The Cure for The Crow, and In a Lonely place covered by Bush for Crow City of Angels.

Guest El Chalupacabra

Just asking...are we talking about bad movies where a single was made for it, that overshadows it, or any movie where the song becomes more remembered than the movie? Because I am kind of going with the former.

Oh, BTW, Hellraiser the song by Motorhead, for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth. Terrible movie. But the video for the song is pretty awesome, with Lemmy playing poker against Pinhead.

Just asking...are we talking about bad movies where a single was made for it, that overshadows it, or any movie where the song becomes more remembered than the movie? Because I am kind of going with the former.

Oh, BTW, Hellraiser the song by Motorhead, for Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth. Terrible movie. But the video for the song is pretty awesome, with Lemmy playing poker against Pinhead.

I think any movie, but it certainly is most common with bombs.

I Believe I Can Fly, Space Jam, R Kelly

Bryan Adams & Michael Kamen, (Everything I Do) I Do it For You

Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves

You shut your whore mouth, that movie is a classic (purely because of Alan Rickman and the sheer audacity of Costner not bothering with an English accent)

I read somewhere that the accent that Brits have now didn't develop until well after the time that movie was set and it's probable his accent is much closer to how people would have sounded back then. Not that that is why Costner did it.

Sometimes I worry there will be a movie about a baseball game played in the old west and Costner won't be available.

Speaking of Costner, getting us back on track:

I Will Always Love You, Whitney Houston, The Bodyguard

I hate this version of the song. I can't stand Houston's voice, this is the gold standard of songs people who think they can sing but cannot always seem to go for.

It was a Dolly Parton song first, which I actually do like. I mean, it's no Jolene, but it's decent. Houston's version made for the crap move just won't die.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.