Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Children are hilarious

33 replies to this topic

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,352 posts
Thanks Tank and Destiny!

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

I'm stoked I now have secret parent knowledge and can condescend to my mates who think of parents as "Eww breeders" lol

Honestly, parenting is one of the only things I've ever come across where you ABSOLUTELY have to experience it to really understand.

• Pharoah JZA and Odine +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
And even after you experience it, you still won’t understand it.

Congratulations! Kids are awesome, but don’t be worried if you hate everything about the next couple of months. Newborns are especially great but it’s also a time where the goal is for everyone to survive.
  • Darth Krawlie and Odine +1 this

Cerina

Cerina

Now and forever...

• Admin
  • 29,889 posts

Newborns are hard because it's continuous (lack of sleep mostly) for an extended period. But it does get better! Then you have a toddler which is...yikes, but it also gets better!!! But then you have a tween and DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN I THINK THIS IS IT FOR US I SWEAR I GIVE UP WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY KID!?!??!?

• Odine +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,352 posts
I'm still processing. I love the little dude so much, I never thought an emotion this strong is possible... It's primal.. I keep welling up in tears because I'm so in love with this kid I gotta let a little steam out the top.

Phew.

Best thing ever. Thanks for all your kind wishes. Despite never meeting any of you in person the warmth means a great deal. Thank you all.
  • Tank, Jacen123, Brando and 2 others like this

Jacen123

Jacen123

Woggle-Bug

• 36,828 posts

Congrats!  That's awesome.  Even without a kid of my own, it is awesome to see your response to yours!

• Odine +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts

Thanks for all your kind wishes. Despite never meeting any of you in person the warmth means a great deal. Thank you all.

For years I didn't count anyone on Nightly as a friend, or even an acquaintance.  Especially during the busy years when there were cliques and drama. I had enough of that in high school.  Since then, I've grown to really care about people on here, and I feel as close to /many people here as I do many of the people I see on a regular basis. 

We share deeply, and have for decades. You don't always get that with people.  

• Tank, Jacen123, Cerina and 1 other +1 this

3 & 6 years to go...

3 & 6 years to go...

Mr. Impatient

• Moderators
  • 19,181 posts

Congratulations, Odine!

Lots of nice words in here.  How nice.  :thumbsup:

• Odine +1 this

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,649 posts

YAY! More kids! Job security for me! HAHAHAHA!

WHAT? Tami and I have cats for christ's sake. 

• Odine +1 this

Reply to this topic