Children are hilarious

Odine

And even after you experience it, you still won’t understand it.

Congratulations! Kids are awesome, but don’t be worried if you hate everything about the next couple of months. Newborns are especially great but it’s also a time where the goal is for everyone to survive.

Newborns are hard because it's continuous (lack of sleep mostly) for an extended period. But it does get better! Then you have a toddler which is...yikes, but it also gets better!!! But then you have a tween and DEAR GOD IN HEAVEN I THINK THIS IS IT FOR US I SWEAR I GIVE UP WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED TO MY KID!?!??!?

I'm still processing. I love the little dude so much, I never thought an emotion this strong is possible... It's primal.. I keep welling up in tears because I'm so in love with this kid I gotta let a little steam out the top.

Phew.

Best thing ever. Thanks for all your kind wishes. Despite never meeting any of you in person the warmth means a great deal. Thank you all.

Thanks for all your kind wishes. Despite never meeting any of you in person the warmth means a great deal. Thank you all.

For years I didn't count anyone on Nightly as a friend, or even an acquaintance. Especially during the busy years when there were cliques and drama. I had enough of that in high school. Since then, I've grown to really care about people on here, and I feel as close to /many people here as I do many of the people I see on a regular basis.

We share deeply, and have for decades. You don't always get that with people.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.