Stranger Things Season 3

Metropolis

I rewatched season 1 and 2 with my son (his first time watching) and we finished up last week so were pumped and ready for season 3. Hes 9.....hes been wanting to watch it for some time, because hes seen bits and pieces of it when I watched the episodes and I would shoo him away. But he handled them well! I dont mind him watching most pg-13 rated content (every super hero movie ever) so much as its the scary stuff Im stranger things that I was concerned about.

The cool thing is, we started playing D&D together about 4-5 months ago, so he was amazed that the show started off with kids playing D&D and many of the connections with D&D. That entertained him a lot.

It was okay, not as good as last season, def not better than the first. It was uneven, some great parts, a fair amount of meh.

Thought it was criminal that Dustin only had like 3 scenes with the gang.

And Hopper is obviously in the upside down.

Yeah, 5 and 6 were full of filler and exposition to get the back half on track.

This show has a serious cutaway problem. It leaves one storyline in crazy immediate peril, then cuts to a five minute scene with a totally different pace and tone, then goes back to the peril as if it had been instantaneous.

Just finished it. It was alright. It felt flat. Seasons 1 and 2 built up to something. Finding will in season 1. Getting mind flatter out of will and El reuniting with the gang in season 2. This was just....meh.

And I know critics are critics, and sometimes they dont know shit. But it baffles me how theyre praising season 3 when they bashed season 2, which I thought was on par with season 1 and even surpassed it in some areas.

I thought Ep5 was a major weak spot on par with the last year's. Though at least this time it wasn't an obvious backdoor pilot for a spinoff.

But that reminds me, 11 should have been reading X-Men. not Wonder Woman...

Season 3 really ramped up the gore, I was a little surprised myself. But I thought seasons 1 and 2 were okay enough for him to watch with me, so I figured season 3 would be around that same kind of level. It was not. Season 4 is probably 2 years away anyway, which by that time, as long as its not changed to an MA rating, Ill have zero issues of him watching it.

Yeah, 5 and 6 were full of filler and exposition to get the back half on track.

This show has a serious cutaway problem. It leaves one storyline in crazy immediate peril, then cuts to a five minute scene with a totally different pace and tone, then goes back to the peril as if it had been instantaneous.

Agreed. Season 2's standalone episode might've caused less of a fan revolt if it had been slotted earlier in the season instead of plopping it right after the tensest cliffhanger, when the chaos at the lab was at a fever pitch.

This time around, that musical number in the finale...I mean, I didn't see the movie in question till I was an adult, so I was not instantly pacified with childhood nostalgia. Honestly, that whole digression could've been cut altogether if the kids would just invite Mr. Clarke the science teacher along on their escapades. He would've volunteered Planck's constant off the top of his head without torturing anyone first.

• 6 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.