Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Getting old

112 replies to this topic

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,700 posts
Yeah, you don't want to end up in a skilled nursing facility. Assisted living is fine, especially if you're loaded, but skilled nursing is just existing and waiting to die. Its frigging awful. And I wouldn't wish dementia on my worst enemy.
  • monkeygirl and Darth Ender +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

75552990_2485096748429988_45398646218209

I saw this meme and it 100% totally applied lol

• Tank, Jacen123 and monkeygirl +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
Welp, I'm going out on my first a date as a middle-aged dude. This should be cool.
  • Jacen123, Rock and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,252 posts
Hope it goes well.

In anything ever happens to my wife, I'm staying single. I never want to deal with dating again.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,709 posts

Getting old is agreeing with Willy Wonka for yelling at Charlie and his Grandpa for violating the contract they signed, drinking the fizzy drink, and damaging his fan.

• Tank, Jacen123 and Odine +1 this

Destiny Skywalker

Destiny Skywalker

Actually, I am a rocket scientist

• 20,700 posts
Good luck, Tank. Hope it's at least fun.
  • Tank +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

Getting old is agreeing with Willy Wonka for yelling at Charlie and his Grandpa for violating the contract they signed, drinking the fizzy drink, and damaging his fan.

Make this into a poster and become rich.
  • Ryn and Darth Krawlie +1 this

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,776 posts

You're a great dude, tank.  I have no doubt you'll find a woman that appreciates you, your talent and you drive for life.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts
Middle aged dating rules. There's zero BS. It's also interesting to meet a complete person.

When the former Mrs Tank and I met we were in our 20s and had no idea where we were headed. Em and I met in our mid 30s, and both of us were transitioning from careers into self-business people. We def changed and grew together, and invariably apart.

This woman (not girl like I keep saying) that asked me out is a VFX supervisor for one of the big FX houses, has a kid she co-parents with an ex, and knows who she is. That's kinda cool.
  • Brando and Ryn +1 this

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,352 posts
So Ahh.. Was it a fruitful evening then?

monkeygirl

monkeygirl

Advad Disagerer

• Administrator
  • 22,123 posts

The cool GF is no longer GF? I'm sorry. 

Ms. Spam

Ms. Spam

MS.

• 17,649 posts

Right!? Unless it was a date with her!

So Texas, specifically where I live, San Antonio, is about to possibly get ice. I am working my second job. I will probably die tonight by some bald tire driving non-skilled when it's raining and possible sleet and ice maybe on the road with winds gusting to 60 miles per hour driver. The thing for me is I am so stiff from this cold I can't bend like normally people anymore and I am worried about my reaction time. HA!

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,790 posts

The cool GF is no longer GF? I'm sorry. 

They've all been cool. I have a grand to maintain.

We had date two last night, which continued until breakfast, so I got that going for me.
  • Jacen123, Ms. Spam, Darth Krawlie and 2 others like this

Reply to this topic