Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Nightly Remember When

89 replies to this topic

David

David

LOOK ALIVE

• 14,819 posts

The whole Mara Jade thing....look, we treated them like absolute ****. I remember their transitioning thread and it being archived for years. Im glad its gone. We were ***holes.

We were, but it didn't help that they were a troll, an idiot, and semi-literate. We were a lot nicer to Evolence.

I don’t disagree there. I forgot all about Evolence, but now remember all of that quite vividly now.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

Evo's last post here was April 2016, last log in January 2017. Scrolling through her Facebook I couldn't find her last post, but a comment someone else made around May 2017 said: "Gwen has been on a self imposed break from FB. She says she has no desire to participate. Maybe that will change, maybe not. For the next 5 months it will certainly not as she is on a mandatory break required when you have to fulfill a obligation to the State of Maine for bad behavior. Hope that helps"

Wow.

Don't even know what to say to that.  Unfortunate.

Lucas1138

Lucas1138

Spam Lord

• Moderators
  • 18,245 posts

I had forgotten Evo until Krawlie mentioned the name Gwen. Being friends on facebook got weird extremely fast and I cut that off what feels like a decade ago. May well have been.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,590 posts

yeah she went into crazy obnoxious troll mode and posted about 27 times a day, just didn't realize it's been well over 2 years since

Iceheart

Iceheart

No.

• Moderators
  • 20,500 posts
I honestly wonder if Gwen killed herself. Remember her alias Television Evangelist or something like that? She started pulling that act hard and heavy on Facebook around 2014. Usually she was pretty up front with me about when she was trolling and when she was being serious, but when she started that she kept it going in private conversations, too... and I legit wonder if she started believing her own bull****. And then she started this countdown on her Facebook page to transcendence. I tried to talk to her, to make sure it wasnt a suicide countdown, but she just fed me the religious troll bull**** when I tried to check up on her. And wtf am I supposed to do for someone in Maine while Im in Michigan? Thats the last I heard from her.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,187 posts
I spoke with Gwen around that time too, on Facebook, usually in relation to parenthood and kids and other things related. All I could offer was my ear and what amounts to platitudes, except maybe they arent platitudes (as in the modern negative/apathetic connotation) when they are actually meant from the heart. I dunno.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,673 posts
I remember the feeling of absolute dread I felt when she said she was planning on a kid.

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,846 posts

I honestly wonder if Gwen killed herself. Remember her alias Television Evangelist or something like that? She started pulling that act hard and heavy on Facebook around 2014. Usually she was pretty up front with me about when she was trolling and when she was being serious, but when she started that she kept it going in private conversations, too... and I legit wonder if she started believing her own bull****. And then she started this countdown on her Facebook page to transcendence. I tried to talk to her, to make sure it wasnt a suicide countdown, but she just fed me the religious troll bull**** when I tried to check up on her. And wtf am I supposed to do for someone in Maine while Im in Michigan? Thats the last I heard from her.

I don't remember it very well, but I think in 2012ish, Evolence PMed me after each of us posted in a lyceum thread.  The topic was a pro VS con assisted suicide, or right to suicide, or some such. I had opposed, evolence was pro, in the thread.  When Evolence PMed me, he was way, way, way into defending the right to suicide and went into great detail about his personal feelings about it.  I hope nothing bad happened like that, but I couldn't figure out if I was being trolled or if there really was something to it.  Like you said, I couldn't do much about it one way or the other.  

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,754 posts

Just looked up the rap sheet online. Yikes. :(

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 19,078 posts
Has anyone checked obituaries? I don't remember her last name or I would.

NumberSix

NumberSix

Content Provider Emeritus

• 29,754 posts

First thing I was looking for, tbh. No sign of an obit.

I started to post a link to the rap sheet till I realized that was basically doxxing. Still alive as of 2017, I think, but I don't see any confirmed signs of online life lately.

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,308 posts
HeShe has probably just been on a few years bender that is possibly still ongoing. I wouldn't worry too hard. Either that or maybe is spending some involuntary time boarding with the federal or local government.

Rock

Rock

Self High-Five

• 38,750 posts

Yeah.  It was one of the perks of being a community supporter, if I remember correctly.  We mods were required to write a blurb about what was happening in our forums.  I hated it.  

In my defense, we were trying everything we could to keep this ship afloat money wise!  That being said, it was a bit much for such little return :)

I've spent the past few days going over old memories so there's so many to pick from.  Silky.  Primbud.  Crystal Skull finally putting the nail in the Indy Forum's coffin.  The formation of The Arena and RPG spin-off nAw.  Nightly Football Federation, which I just found my old trophy last month.  Tank and I posting a pirated sneak-peek video of AOTC. 

And of course SIDIOUS=PALPATINE, NABOO=DAGOBAH & HOTH=FROZEN KAMINO.

Long live BASTDOORS.

• Lace Mindu +1 this

Lace Mindu

Lace Mindu

Hubcap Diamond Star Halo

• 5,604 posts

Where is that damn Thunderdroid?

Ryn

Ryn

Moonshadow

• Moderators
  • 28,544 posts
There's too many of him on FB to track down.
  • Ms. Spam +1 this

Reply to this topic