Nightly Remember When

The whole Mara Jade thing....look, we treated them like absolute ****. I remember their transitioning thread and it being archived for years. Im glad its gone. We were ***holes.

We were, but it didn't help that they were a troll, an idiot, and semi-literate. We were a lot nicer to Evolence.

I don’t disagree there. I forgot all about Evolence, but now remember all of that quite vividly now.

I honestly wonder if Gwen killed herself. Remember her alias Television Evangelist or something like that? She started pulling that act hard and heavy on Facebook around 2014. Usually she was pretty up front with me about when she was trolling and when she was being serious, but when she started that she kept it going in private conversations, too... and I legit wonder if she started believing her own bullshit. And then she started this countdown on her Facebook page to transcendence. I tried to talk to her, to make sure it wasnt a suicide countdown, but she just fed me the religious troll bullshit when I tried to check up on her. And wtf am I supposed to do for someone in Maine while Im in Michigan? Thats the last I heard from her.

I spoke with Gwen around that time too, on Facebook, usually in relation to parenthood and kids and other things related. All I could offer was my ear and what amounts to platitudes, except maybe they arent platitudes (as in the modern negative/apathetic connotation) when they are actually meant from the heart. I dunno.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah. It was one of the perks of being a community supporter, if I remember correctly. We mods were required to write a blurb about what was happening in our forums. I hated it.

In my defense, we were trying everything we could to keep this ship afloat money wise! That being said, it was a bit much for such little return :)

I've spent the past few days going over old memories so there's so many to pick from. Silky. Primbud. Crystal Skull finally putting the nail in the Indy Forum's coffin. The formation of The Arena and RPG spin-off nAw. Nightly Football Federation, which I just found my old trophy last month. Tank and I posting a pirated sneak-peek video of AOTC.

And of course SIDIOUS=PALPATINE, NABOO=DAGOBAH & HOTH=FROZEN KAMINO.

Long live BASTDOORS.

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.