Best Pixar movie?

If the opening of Up was the entire movie, it would win hands down. That's some of the best storytelling of all time.

Overall, Toy Story. It's inventive, funny, relatable and unique. Toy Story 2 and 3 are great, but they go over a lot of the same themes, especially TS2.

Incredibles 2 is terrible and makes Cars 2 look good. Cars 3 is a great Rocky movie.

Toy Story 4 is interesting. I've read a lot of "It's great, but..."

It's hard to come back after Toy Story 3 and do anything.

The thing about TS4 is, for my issue at least, I cant really describe why it is a yeah but without spoiling it. And my issue probably isnt even what most people might point to.

The thing I've read most about it the organ stealing plot.

Very Spoilery TS4 Spoilers regarding the symbolism of that very thing in the Spoiler Box Above

The film deals with conscience and Buzz misunderstands what Woody says about conscience. The conscience of the toys is then analogized to their mechanical voice boxes. Woody deals with the same Woody temptations he has for three films prior, but it is argued by Bo Peep that he always manages to make the right choice, which is the reason she decides to help him. Then Woody has his voice box removed and then he makes a franchise altering decision that the film ends with. Bringing the metaphor full circle the story is about how Woody loses his conscience and then gives in to his baser instinct.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.