Unpopular Movie Opinions

My brother loved Monty Python but I hate it. Not sure if I dislike it because he tried to force it on me when I was too young to get it, if it's because he was a total a-hole, or because I just don't like it. Same with Gilliam.

Life of Brian holds up particularly well, I think. Some of its social satire is rather amusingly, or maybe depressingly, still very topical.

Holy Grail is okay. Some pretty darn good social satire bits in there too, which again still are amusing/depressingly relevant.

The Python series, however, I can totally understand how that could be a real rough watch for some.

That said, I adore it all, but I was raised with it.

Side Note: Cleese in his old age has gotten a bit grumblingly nostalgic to the point of being an odd mirrored version to his younger self (that would speak quite wittily about social extremism and the such). His younger self probably would have totally made fun of his older self.

It was better that Firefly ended when it did and then turned into Serenity. Otherwise Zoe would have turned evil, Inara would have become pregnant with something that would kill her, and Kaylee would have been completely taken over by some type of alien life that would have destroyed her personality.

I'd be super cool with never seeing another movie or TV show set in either the 50s or 60s again. Super tired of that time period and aesthetic.

I agree! It’s why up until about 3-4 months ago, I never watched an episode of Mad Men, ever! And then I did, and.....got hooked. Watched it all. And begrudgingly, that show is top 5 of all time for me.

Other than that, fuck that time period.

Rise/Dawn/War Planet of the Apes trilogy is the greatest trilogy/set of movies. Better than OT. Better than Nolan’s Batman’s. Better than LOTR. Better than Daniel Craig’s Bond. Better than The Godfather 1-3.

Rise/Dawn/War Planet of the Apes trilogy is the greatest trilogy/set of movies. Better than OT. Better than Nolans Batmans. Better than LOTR. Better than Daniel Craigs Bond. Better than The Godfather 1-3.

Woaahhhh that's crazy talk yo. The last film in the trilogy sucked. 2 was pretty hit and miss as well.

• 3 weeks later...

Rise/Dawn/War Planet of the Apes trilogy is the greatest trilogy/set of movies. Better than OT. Better than Nolans Batmans. Better than LOTR. Better than Daniel Craigs Bond. Better than The Godfather 1-3.

Woaahhhh that's crazy talk yo. The last film in the trilogy sucked. 2 was pretty hit and miss as well.

The Dark Knight Rises sucked, Two Towers is horrid, Craig's movies are boring, and Godfather 3 is mediocre at best, but as part of a series it's terrible.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.