Unpopular Movie Opinions

Returns is great! It's a very different time from Batman, but it isn't trying to be the same. I wish Burton had stayed at that level of weirdness for longer, instead of just turning into Johnny Depp being dark and weird.

I agree with Keaton being the best at both. Kilmer was a good Wayne, and Clooney is just always Clooney.

The best part of the Nolan series was Batman actually being a detective, which sorta pops up in the live action series, but not in any other movies.

I'm very biased against the DCEU movies up until Wonder Woman. In fact, I didn't make it through Batman v Super-Man and skipped Justice League completely. I'm glad they're adjusting and moving forward and not feeling like they have to stick with the Snyder DARKNESS IS EVERYTHING!

The only super hero movies I really like are the Nolan Batman movies. I always have an issue reconciling when these movies try to blend realism and more fantastic elements. For instance the MCU has like some science based heroes and then a Norse God. It just doesn't work for me. I mean I get that Nolan's movies do have a group of people who live in the Himalayas and have been destroying civilizations for milenia and then one of their guys has a prison in a huge hole in the middle of nowhere. Not saying that is realisitic. It just feels grounded in a way and consistent in a way most of these movies don't.

The Avenger movies are, on average, terrible.

There are only four good Avengers' movies: Ragnarok, Infinity War, and GotG 1/2

End Game is BEYOND terrible

DC>Marvel

Batman vs. Superman is a great movie and better than every Avengers movie.

TPM>TFA>TLJ>every Avengers movie except End Game>End Game>AotC

Come at me bro.

I'd be super cool with never seeing another movie or TV show set in either the 50s or 60s again. Super tired of that time period and aesthetic.

It made a lot more sense in the 70s and 80s because it was appealing to adults at the time.

If we're doing recent past period films, I would much rather see the 80s and 90s, or even the early 2000s. One of the best parts about Lady Bird was how will they used the decade without making it about the time.

I'd be super cool with never seeing another movie or TV show set in either the 50s or 60s again. Super tired of that time period and aesthetic.

It made a lot more sense in the 70s and 80s because it was appealing to adults at the time.

If we're doing recent past period films, I would much rather see the 80s and 90s, or even the early 2000s. One of the best parts about Lady Bird was how will they used the decade without making it about the time.

Agreed. Lady Bird was a good movie.

Im especially mad about this movie Yesterday. Do we REALLY need another baby boomer Beatles wankfest?

It's basically The Invention of Lying 2: Lying About the Beatles.

And everyone knows that without "Imagine" we would be in a barren wasteland of evil that makes post apocalyptic fiction seem like the Care Bears.

(I hate that song almost as much as the McCartney Christmas song)

But I don't think it's set in the past since it shows an internet search.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.