Unpopular Movie Opinions

Peter Jackson is a hack who managed to make three good movies purely because he adapted some of the greatest books of the 20th century. His LotR movies are good because of Tolkien, and the special effects. Everything that's Jackson is terrible, and The Hobbit helps prove it.

Ghostbusters 2 is good

Back to the Future 2 and 3 are good

The Matrix is not good

Every movie in the Will Ferrell/Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson period is not good

I'll agree with all, but it's been 20 years since I watched The Matrix so I may try it again soon to see if I was right when I originally liked it. I only watched it once, but it definitely wasn't deep like people pretended.

I would argue that the MCU is a symptom, and the cause is one company owning a huge portion of the film industry.

Hopefully this will be cyclical and will eventually lead to a resurgence of smaller studios as people want to see smaller films. Fox going to Disney will likely end a lot of smaller films, though.

Batman 1989 is the best live action Batman

There have been great movies released in the past decade that have nothing to do with superheroes

Anne Hathaway is underrated and Chris Pine is overrated

I can't imagine anyone arguing that Batman 66 doesn't count.

'89 is the best because it balances camp, fantastical elements, and a degree of realism. It has the best balance. '66 and Batman and Robin are pure camp. Returns falls too much to the fantastic, but that mirrors Burton's development. Nolan's movies try too hard for realism.

Having said that, there isn't a live-action solo Batman movie that I really dislike, although Batman and Robin comes close.

I think all the LOTR rings are boring AF and dumb.

But I didn't care for the books either. I just have never been able to get into fantasy outside of the time I loved the Narnia books as a kid.

Well, I can't speak for the rest of it because when the first part doesn't interest me, I don't ever care to check out the rest of it. But that doesn't surprise me. I've heard ridiculous things about that series, like that it keeps dragging on chapter after chapter once after the climax (once they've destroyed the ring), chronicling the journey home. Who wants to read that?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.