Welcome to Nightly.Net
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Unpopular Movie Opinions

95 replies to this topic

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,938 posts
Peter Jackson is a hack who managed to make three good movies purely because he adapted some of the greatest books of the 20th century. His LotR movies are good because of Tolkien, and the special effects. Everything that's Jackson is terrible, and The Hobbit helps prove it.
  • Tank, Darth Krawlie and Cerina +1 this

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
He peaked with The Frighteners.
  • Brando and Odine +1 this

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,145 posts

The Fellowship of the Ring was incredibly slow and boring.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts

I think all the LOTR rings are boring AF and dumb. 

But I didn't care for the books either. I just have never been able to get into fantasy outside of the time I loved the Narnia books as a kid.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,464 posts

Ghostbusters 2 is good

Back to the Future 2 and 3 are good

The Matrix is not good

Every movie in the Will Ferrell/Ben Stiller/Owen Wilson period is not good

• Brando +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,938 posts

Ghostbusters 2 is good
The Matrix is not good

I'll agree with all, but it's been 20 years since I watched The Matrix so I may try it again soon to see if I was right when I originally liked it. I only watched it once, but it definitely wasn't deep like people pretended.

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,082 posts
Most of Star Wars is garbage.

None of the X-Men films are re-watchable.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts
On the whole, the Mission Impossible franchise is better than James Bond.
  • Brando +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,464 posts

The Big Lebowski isn't good and everyone who says it is knows it, but feels they have to perpetuate it for some dumb reason.

• Good God a Bear +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,082 posts
This thread is super awesome in how mean girls we all sound. I love it. It reminds me of this guys list that I stumbled upon once...

https://m.imdb.com/list/ls000558747/
^his comments lol

#46 Beautiful Mind
i don't watch ron howard's movies because i know they'll be dumb

Odine

Odine

• Supporters
  • 2,245 posts
People mostly like Twin Peaks to seem arty and superior. It's a hipster staple.
  • Darth Krawlie +1 this

Lord Darth Hunter

Lord Darth Hunter

Sith Lord of Crystal Lake

• 4,415 posts

The MCU is highly overrated and is one of the reasons the quality of films has decreased in the past decade or so.

• Odine +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,938 posts
I would argue that the MCU is a symptom, and the cause is one company owning a huge portion of the film industry.

Hopefully this will be cyclical and will eventually lead to a resurgence of smaller studios as people want to see smaller films. Fox going to Disney will likely end a lot of smaller films, though.

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,464 posts
Gangster movies are boring as ****

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,938 posts
Batman 1989 is the best live action Batman

There have been great movies released in the past decade that have nothing to do with superheroes

Anne Hathaway is underrated and Chris Pine is overrated

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

Monster of Mass Destruction

• Supporters
  • 8,714 posts
  1. Avatar sucks
  2. I hated It (2017) part 1
  3. Blade Runner 2 blew
  4. The Mission Impossible film series does nothing for me. At all.
  5. Kong Skull Island was awesome
  6. John Wick=over rated
  7. Batman Returns is misunderstood
  8. Jurassic Park 3 was actually decent
  9. I can't stand the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise
  10. David Bowie deserves a biopic, and Michael Fassbender should play him
  11. I have no use for Harry Potter or anything else in that universe
  12. Men in Black is the only good one in the franchise and they should have stopped with that movie
  13. I like the PT (note: I didn't say great.  Just that I like it!).  Also: ROTS>AOTC>TPM
  14. The old EU is >>>>>>than the ST
  15. Poe, Rey, and Finn are boring characters and I only saw the ST because I wanted to see the OT characters
  16. While probably the best one to do Episode 9, and I think he may actually pull off a decent ep 9, JJ Abrams is a hack overall.  
  17. Solo was actually pretty good and Ron Howard has been bashed unfairly
  18. Spiderman 1 and 2 were good
  19. Prometheus and Alien Covenant were good
  20. AVP 1 was not that bad
  21. Except for Daybreakers and Shadow of the Vampire, vampire movies made in the last 25 years are objectively bad
  22.  View Askew verse has not aged well, and most of it is objectively bad
  23. I know not movies but, when it comes to Star Trek 
  • Enterprise has become better with age
  • I hate the JJ Star Trek, and STB has become worse since I saw it in the theater (I used to like it, but now hate it along with the other 2 Kelvin movies)
  • I HATE Star Trek DIscovery.  I don't care if Pike is on it and is the one of the good things about the show
  • I don't give a f*** about the upcoming Picard show.  

I am sure I will think of more, but that is enough for now.  

• Zerimar Nyliram +1 this

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,714 posts

Ghostbusters 2 is good
The Matrix is not good

I'll agree with all, but it's been 20 years since I watched The Matrix so I may try it again soon to see if I was right when I originally liked it. I only watched it once, but it definitely wasn't deep like people pretended.

Batman 1989 is the best live action Batman

There have been great movies released in the past decade that have nothing to do with superheroes

Anne Hathaway is underrated and Chris Pine is overrated

Agreedon all points above.  Matrix 1 was definitely the best of the trilogy (and I understand there is a part 4 being made...yikes!), but it was just OKAY.  I am not sure it has aged well, either. The other 2 were TERRIBLE.

I like the MCU overall, but I feel over saturated with superhero films, including DCEU and others.  

I like Batman 1989, and it is one of the best superhero films made.  But so are Batman Begins and Dark Knight. 

I'm no prude but modern comedy relies too much on poop and sex jokes.  I don't mind poop and sex jokes at all, but modern comedies are too overt and in your face about it.   

• Brando +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,082 posts
Batman 66 is the best live action Batman and yes it counts as it was a movie. :-P

The Hudsucker Proxy is the Coen Bros best film.
  • Tank +1 this

Brando

Brando

83% Muppet

• Admin
  • 18,938 posts
I can't imagine anyone arguing that Batman 66 doesn't count.

'89 is the best because it balances camp, fantastical elements, and a degree of realism. It has the best balance. '66 and Batman and Robin are pure camp. Returns falls too much to the fantastic, but that mirrors Burton's development. Nolan's movies try too hard for realism.

Having said that, there isn't a live-action solo Batman movie that I really dislike, although Batman and Robin comes close.
  • El Chalupacabra +1 this

Darth Krawlie

Darth Krawlie

privileged ****lord

• Moderators
  • 34,464 posts

Coen Brothers suck.

• Brando, zambingo and Good God a Bear +1 this

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,082 posts
We should think about renaming this thread Festivus: Movie Edition. ;-)

El Chalupacabra

El Chalupacabra

• Supporters
  • 8,714 posts

Coen Brothers suck.

I agree Lewbowski is over rated and not too into the Coen Brothers in general, but I love Fargo.  

I can't imagine anyone arguing that Batman 66 doesn't count.

'89 is the best because it balances camp, fantastical elements, and a degree of realism. It has the best balance. '66 and Batman and Robin are pure camp. Returns falls too much to the fantastic, but that mirrors Burton's development. Nolan's movies try too hard for realism.

Having said that, there isn't a live-action solo Batman movie that I really dislike, although Batman and Robin comes close.

Oh man I love the 1960s  Adam West Batman, but I consider it almost comedy.  I think the best thing is I grew up on it, and then didn't see it for many years.  Seeing it as an adult, you totally watch it through a completely different lens.  

But when I talk about Batman films, I exclude it because Batman 1966 to me is more of an extension of a TV series, and really Batman 1989 is the beginning of the modern Superhero genre.  Well, one can count Superman I as the beginning, too, technically, but I think Batman 1989 is more connected to the modern era.  

One other thing, the Schumacher Batmans are pretty bad, but they had good actors (minus George Clooney...totally miscast).  They are almost a throwback to the 1960s Batman, as far as camp is concerned, but somehow fail, where the 1960s Batman series succeeds. 

Zerimar Nyliram

Zerimar Nyliram

Dude

• 3,145 posts

I think all the LOTR rings are boring AF and dumb. 

But I didn't care for the books either. I just have never been able to get into fantasy outside of the time I loved the Narnia books as a kid.

Well, I can't speak for the rest of it because when the first part doesn't interest me, I don't ever care to check out the rest of it. But that doesn't surprise me. I've heard ridiculous things about that series, like that it keeps dragging on chapter after chapter once after the climax (once they've destroyed the ring), chronicling the journey home. Who wants to read that?

zambingo

zambingo

The Human Torch

• 3,082 posts
Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure is actually only so-so.

Citizen Kane is best viewed as a centerfold for film school majors.

Tank

Tank

Driver

• 34,495 posts

You people are the ****ing worst.

• Darth Krawlie, zambingo and Odine +1 this

Reply to this topic